Quick Hitches quick hitch problems

/ quick hitch problems #71  
This has been a popular gripe for several years, many past posts on this subject including my detailed ones. I have not read past the first page as it is now old hat. Bottom line you have to extend the hook, bore out the frame at the bottom for 7/8 pins, and grind 3/16" off each side of the bottom Hooks. For the right bushings got to a Land Pride Dealer and order what you need. Their implement manuals are free on line and have part numbers for then bushings of various lengths. Get longer ones and cut off if needed. I tried to find bushing stock but could not match any thing up. I still saved $200.

Ron

/ quick hitch problems
Thanks guys, very helpful.
I just purchased a JD Cat 2 quick hitch its a monster, very well built. But I notice that the dog that attaches to one of the lock handles is stuck open. I can
close it by taking off the back plate and beating it with a hammer, but thats no good. Any idea what might be wrong? Is their a bent shaft or pin inside?
Looks like a good bit of work to take it apart.
Any suggestions?
Craig

Do you have a picture of it, I don't understand completely what is wrong.

/ quick hitch problems #74  
Yes, I understand. Here is a picture of the lower arm of the JD Quick Hitch. The problem is with the "dog" or latch plate does not slid forward to catch or lock the implement on to the quick hitch. The latch seems to be bound or twisted inside the housing. The only way I can get it to function is to beat on it from the back side with a hammer. Once it is in place on the implements lower 3 point hitch arm it will not release, unless by driving it back with a hammer. So I just to check to see if others have similar problems and what was done to correct it.
Thanks,
CraigView attachment 394274

/ quick hitch problems
Yes, I understand. Here is a picture of the lower arm of the JD Quick Hitch. The problem is with the "dog" or latch plate does not slid forward to catch or lock the implement on to the quick hitch. The latch seems to be bound or twisted inside the housing. The only way I can get it to function is to beat on it from the back side with a hammer. Once it is in place on the implements lower 3 point hitch arm it will not release, unless by driving it back with a hammer. So I just to check to see if others have similar problems and what was done to correct it.
Thanks,
CraigView attachment 394274

The picture is not working. I think I understand now though. It sounds like the latch is binding. It does sound like something could be bent inside. Can you look up through the bottom of the quick hitch and see anything?

/ quick hitch problems #76  
Yes, probably binding. I did take over the cover on the back of lower arm. Nothing appears to be wrong. I guess i will have to try drive out the pin that the latch pivots on. That should give clear access to the problem. Probably something bent out of place.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Craig