Quick Hitch Questions

/ Quick Hitch Questions #11  
Thinking of getting a Cat 1 Quick Hitch. Asked the sales guy when he delivered my tractor and he said they are more of a hassle than it's worth. States most attachments won't fit and it's easier to hook up without one. I don't have a clue since this is my first tractor. Won't have many attachments but do need: box blade, landscape rake, and auger to start with.

Looking at these from Tractor Supply and PalletForks.

Any personal experience anyone want to share?

I would be wary of TITAN one, it states fits cat 2 and "some" cat 1 implements... Sound like a bit of a s cop out for them....... Category specifications are specific for all cat 0,1,2,3,4...

Dale

/ Quick Hitch Questions #12  
I bought a QH years ago. (SpeeCo)
Nearly all of my 3 point attachments needed to be modified to make it work.
So I gave it to my dad. He ran into the same issue.
Its still laying in his garage. He never used it either.
I have extendable lower link arms and sway bars on my tractor that helps quite a bit, so I didn't feel it was worth the hassle to modify all my attachment for the QH.

Last edited:
   / Quick Hitch Questions #13  
I have QH and bought all my equipment QH compatible. It makes it easy to hook and unhook. So much so, my dad bought a QH for his tractor and we have been modifying the implements that were older and not factory QH compatible.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #14  
I bought mine from harbor freight and changed out the top hook. That solved pretty much all my fitment problems with anything that was QH compatible. Before I did that, the top hook that came on it didn't quite have enough clearance for all my implements

/ Quick Hitch Questions
I have QH and bought all my equipment QH compatible. It makes it easy to hook and unhook. So much so, my dad bought a QH for his tractor and we have been modifying the implements that were older and not factory QH compatible.

What brand QH did you go with?

/ Quick Hitch Questions
I bought mine from harbor freight and changed out the top hook. That solved pretty much all my fitment problems with anything that was QH compatible. Before I did that, the top hook that came on it didn't quite have enough clearance for all my implements

I looked at the HF one but shied away just because it was from them. Thought it would be to cheap. Ran across a video on YT and that guy was doing a 5 year review and loves his.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #17  
I looked at the HF one but shied away just because it was from them. Thought it would be to cheap. Ran across a video on YT and that guy was doing a 5 year review and loves his.
I have one on my MF GC1710 and my dad has one on his Kubota BX1500. If I had a 45HP machine I might be less inclined/more weary but for our sub compacts it can't be beat. Both required me to change out the top hook for fitment which I grabbed on Amazon for another $40 or so. I was able to use a coupon and paid $80 for both QH's... So for $130 I had a fully working QH. I've run a 4' offset tiller, 5' brush hog, rake and blades and it hasn't flinched or failed.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #19  
I have Land Pride QH15. My dad has a Worksaver model (I don't remember the number of it).

Resized_20191207_082717.jpeg

/ Quick Hitch Questions #20  
I bought the cheap one from Agri Supply. It comes with the extended hook. I have had to modify and adjust most of my implements to use with it. Had I initially set it to cat 1 specs I may have had to modify less but the first piece I used was not built to cat 1 specs and i was unaware. So consequently I made it fit that first piece then as I aquired implements I made them all fit with the hook in the bottom position.

At the end of the day it was all worth it and after the initial setup you have most all of your stuff so you just back up and hook on.

FYI your auger will NOT work with a quick hitch as far as I know.