Quick Hitches Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video

/ Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video #31  
Also if you don't have telescopic stabilzers and use pats you will need a way yo hold the lift arms in place. If you switch to Pats you will need a longer toplink.

Good points I had forgotten

/ Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video
Also if you don't have telescopic stabilzers and use pats you will need a way yo hold the lift arms in place. If you switch to Pats you will need a longer toplink.

Yeah, I'd like to make a point about that.

With Pat's and telescoping stabilizers and equipment with different pin widths, you find yourself backing up to the attachment, possibly having to get off the tractor to set the arms at the right width, get back on and hookup. Pat's was an improvement on my CAT I tractor, but still couldn't hold a candle to a QH. Again, not for the time saved, I got nothin but time, for the aggravation saved.

I sold my CAT I tractor and threw in the Pat's. Was over to the buyers shop a couple days ago and noticed the Pat's laying on the shop bench. I didn't ask why.

All that is a mute point with a QH and standardized equipment. I have the capability to modify my equipment. I totally understand there are those that don't. That's why we have all these different systems. If you are happy with what ya got, then ya got the right thing!!! :)

Switching to Stabilworks stabilizers on our B7500 helped a lot on that. Would still be nice to get extendable ends, but its manageable as it sits...

Aaron Z

Yeah, my little JD has turnbuckles. Already have a plan this Winter to build a set of telescoping stabilizers. It doesn't have extendable ends either so find myself walking around to the HST treddle and moving the tractor a little to get the ends hooked up. I put a QH on it to use in the Winter hauling wood in the shop in a tote box. But the QH moves the attachment too far back to use with my box blade so have to hook up manually......

/ Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video #34  
Adding a hydraulic toplink to a QH makes it even faster - like 2X is the ground is uneven.

/ Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video #35  
For me the main issue with the idea of qh is the cat I vs II. Some implements simply won't do cat II qh because they are too narrow.

Other than that, I love the idea. My back loves the idea.

/ Quick Hitch versus extendable 3pt arms Demo Video #36  
I am okay without a quick hitch as I don't mind getting off the tractors. I use Pat's and at least it eliminates the kicking and cursing.

I am okay without a quick hitch as I don't mind getting off the tractors. I use Pat's and at least it eliminates the kicking and cursing.

Yep, I totally understand that. Especially if you have multiple attachments that aren't compatable with QH. Or a situation like BGigHarbor where he's mixing CAT I and CAT II.

My primary point with the videos was to capture the mechanical differences between a QH system and an extendable arm system.

I also agree that have tip/tilt makes the QH even more effective. I sometimes drop attachments wherever I'm working, on unlevel surfaces. Rehooking takes a few seconds of adjusting the tip/tilt but is always accomplished with no physical aggravation. I'm so spoiled I am disappointed if I don't capture the pins the first attempt. :)