Quick Hitches Quick hitch with Box Blade

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #1  

SCDawg167

Tractor
2017 JD 4105
I just got a new tractor and am using a John Deere Quick Hitch.

My problem is when I us the box blade with tines down the box blade jumps off of the quick hitch!

I looked on the JD website for guidance but could not find any!

My question is should you not use the quick hitch for implements that tend to torque when you use them?

Box blade, plow, tiller, etc!

Thanks

SCDawg167

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #2  
I use mine almost everyday. When you say jumps off are you talking lower arm? Top arm is adjustable so not thinking you are talking top. Do your arms latch all the way?

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade
Yes jumping off the bottom hooks

The tabs are locked but there still is a large enough gap for them to jump off when torqued

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #5  
Did you convert your box blade pins to the right size for the quick hitch?

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade
I assumed it was set up that way because I bought it as a package deal!

I will check this evening

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #7  
I assumed it was set up that way because I bought it as a package deal!

I will check this evening

Yup, you need the bushings almost for sure. (top and side links for all your implements... And a better dealer

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #8  
How much play is in a typical PTO shaft? Any issues with the PTO shaft being too short on any implements after adding a QH? I'm looking at the HF QH and have read all of the fixes for the top hook. Thanks all.

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #9  
All you need is a pto adapter to make up for the added length. I think I used a 4". This is a much better option than having multiple pto shafts

/ Quick hitch with Box Blade #10  
How much play is in a typical PTO shaft? Any issues with the PTO shaft being too short on any implements after adding a QH? I'm looking at the HF QH and have read all of the fixes for the top hook. Thanks all.
To answer your specific question... Enough play to not bottom out the shaft or for it to disconnect the halves and enough to be able to hook up.. I think they need 4 or 5 inches contact, but someone can chime in with a definitive answer on the minimum. The more shaft contact the better.