Quick Hitches Quick hitch

/ Quick hitch #21  
I had the HF quick hitch. Did not fit the box blade. Well today it died

/ Quick hitch #22  
You can buy the solution for 16 bucks,,,
mine came FedEx Ground last week.

873-HF141137 TOP HOOK FOR CAT 1 QUICK HITCH S141137 - Quality Farm Supply - Farm equipment, tractor parts, agricultural supplies

Mine actually cost me more,, because I ended up getting a dozen things from QFS,,, :laughing:

Thank you CADplans! I was in the process of trying to file off about 3/16" from the inside front of my HF Quick Hitch top hook when I saw your post. I ordered it and It showed up this morning. I am comparing it to the stock hook and it is the solution I needed. It moves the hook out from the holes about 9/16". I guess I may have contributed to the lack of availability on the store shelves... I recommend this product.

/ Quick hitch #23  
Thank you CADplans! It moves the hook out from the holes about 9/16".

I guess I may have contributed to the lack of availability on the store shelves...
I recommend this product.

Out of stock!! :laughing:,,, I guess "several" people read this forum,,, :D

/ Quick hitch #24  
Any pictures? Didn't see any when I went there on my phone. At $15-20 it's barely worth my time to make my own extensions.

/ Quick hitch #25  
i'll try.

Attachments

• Capture hook.JPG
    Capture hook.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 106
   / Quick hitch #26  
Made it easier to see. Looks like the holes aren't as far from the hook as on the ones people make.

Bruce
tophook.jpg

/ Quick hitch #27  
Here is an adapter bracket that may help with the top connection on a mower. Seems like the top pin could jump out of the hook though.

I haven't hooked my mower to the quick hitch because I didn't think my shaft was long enough but I bought a shaft extender a while back so I will try again one day.

All my other stuff I use on the quick hitch and I bushed the lower pins up to CAT3 diameter to reduce the slop. I also bushed the top links up to CAT2 I think.

/ Quick hitch #28  
That adapter bracket does not go in the hook, the top link pin that goes to quick hitch also goes through one of the front holes in bracket, usually the first one. The implement top link hooks to the single hole on other end. You have to take the hook off when using the adapter.

/ Quick hitch #29  
That adapter bracket does not go in the hook, the top link pin that goes to quick hitch also goes through one of the front holes in bracket, usually the first one. The implement top link hooks to the single hole on other end. You have to take the hook off when using the adapter.

That's probably the right way to do it, but not how I did it. However on my former Land Pride rotarty cutter I just put a toplink busing on the flex link & would adjust up the top hook so it wouldn't pop out of the hook. If you left the hook in the normal low position the flex link would end up popping out, although it would do that a bit in the high position as well. As I really didnt' care to much if it popped out while mowing I never changed my habits even after hearing it should pin to the QH. It was easier to flip the flex link into the hook than try & line up holes to pin it on.

/ Quick hitch #30  
I didn't even use the hook for sometime just the adapter because I didn't have any quick hitch implements nothing was compatible. I bought a couple implements quick hitch ready and slowly changing the older stuff over, still got a couple more to go. It always seems we all do what works best for us.