Quick Hitches quick hitches and top link

/ quick hitches and top link #1  

santacruzer

Bronze Member
I just ordered a Pat's QH...should be here soon.

A lot of people talk about not even having to leave the tractor seat when hooking up different implements using a QH.

How do you not have to get off the seat to hook up the top link? I'm assuming that there is a "QH top link" you can buy..... but I've assumed things before and you know how that can turn out sometimes (most times).

Thanks a lot for the help. Paul

/ quick hitches and top link #2  
I think you'll have to get out of your seat to hook up Pat's. With the iMatch, Speeco, Harbour Freight, Landpride, etc. the bottom and top connections are all on one fixed unit so you can just back up to your implement (accurately) with the hitch down and literally 'pickup' what your grabbin'.

The downside to the iMatch style is that they have a fixed width of lower link, as well as a fixed height between the upper and lower links.

I run a Speeco and really like it so far. If I had a Pat's I would order the bar that spans between the 2 bottom links to hold them apart. It's only 20$ and will save a lot of frustration.

Hope that helps.

-J.

/ quick hitches and top link
J,

I figured that was pretty much the situation and got the Pat's almost knowing it. I did order the stablizer bar as I had asked Pat some time ago about the frustration of fooling around with the lower links as mine are a PITA flapping around all over the place. Time is not really much of an issue for me but the extra strain on my back and the frustration... now that's an issue!

Thanks a lot for the feed back J and good luck. Paul

/ quick hitches and top link #4  
I think you'll have to get out of your seat to hook up Pat's. With the iMatch, Speeco, Harbour Freight, Landpride, etc. the bottom and top connections are all on one fixed unit so you can just back up to your implement (accurately) with the hitch down and literally 'pickup' what your grabbin'.

The downside to the iMatch style is that they have a fixed width of lower link, as well as a fixed height between the upper and lower links.

I run a Speeco and really like it so far. If I had a Pat's I would order the bar that spans between the 2 bottom links to hold them apart. It's only 20$ and will save a lot of frustration.

Hope that helps.

-J.
Agreed
if you have PTO equip you have to get off for hookup also
Not really a big deal in any case
DGS

/ quick hitches and top link #5  
I have the HF quick hitch and I have to get off to change the height on the hook that grabs the top link pin on different attachments. Its not the best but it is better than the old way of doing it.
Bill

/ quick hitches and top link #6  
You'll be happy with your Pat's. It'll make hooking up so much easier you'll think the top link hooked itself up! :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

/ quick hitches and top link #7  
You'll be happy with your Pat's. It'll make hooking up so much easier you'll think the top link hooked itself up! :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Ya, it's the bottom links that are the real PITA, I used to save connecting the top link for last as a reward for FINALLY getting those D@mn bottom links knocked on!!

-J.

/ quick hitches and top link #8  
Oh ya, one more thing I learned a couple months ago. If you ever add a hydraulic top link, be sure and account for the added length that Pat's adds to the bottom arms when you calculate the length of TL your going to get.

-J.