Loader Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #11  
Kenny's website FAQs say not to use bolt-on hooks with double wall loaders. I 'believe' the top front edge on the KL130 loader on my CK27 is channel. I assumed this is what he meant, since it could compress when applying torque during the install..

Can the bolt-on hooks be used with a CK27 KL130 loader bucket? (pics Monday if needed)

Thanks.

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #12  
Pics would help Dave. I know some of the LS tractor buckets have thick heavy rectangular tube that runs across the top and guys have bolted hooks to that without a problem. The disclaimer is really for some buckets that have two thin (like 10 gauge) material making up the roof of the bucket.

As always, user discretion is advised :)

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #13  
I can't tell you about the ck27 for sure, but my brother has the hooks on his ck20. He just put them behind the cross channel. No issues with his.

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #14  
Well, I promised pics Monday - but of course forgot all about it once I got out to the property! :laughing: Will try to remember next time I'm out there.

And oldpilgrim, that just might be the answer, too. Thanks.

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #15  
Well, I promised pics Monday
And now it is Thursday and I finally have one. Took more, but they all look about the same!
bucketedge.jpg

The top of the bucket folds over a 3"x2" channel (square tube). Over the front and then about 1/2" around under the bottom of the channel.

I'll be emailing Kenny, too, but for any others interested my question is whether I can run a bolt all the way through the channel for bolt-on hooks. :)

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #16  
Davrow, I think your fine with the bolt on hooks, the top of that bucket looks quite substantial.

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #17  
Just FYI everybody - ordered a pair of Kenny's bolt-on hooks today. :) Update in a couple weeks after install.

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #18  
Just FYI everybody - ordered a pair of Kenny's bolt-on hooks today. :) Update in a couple weeks after install.

Thanks davrow :thumbsup:

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #19  
Ordered Ken's bolt on hooks.Delivered 2 days later.

Great service. Answered all my questions.

Installed this morning. Took all of 30 minutes.

These hooks along with the 20 ft chain available at Lowes made my Dk40 a workhorse.

Took down 3 large pine trees that had to go.

After that the hooks and chain turned a half days work into an hour or so.

Don't know how I got by without them.

I was close to getting a grapple but saw this thread, checked out Ken's page and I am one happy tractor guy !

/ Quick-on buckets hooks on Kl401 loader #20  
Ordered Ken's bolt on hooks.Delivered 2 days later.

Great service. Answered all my questions.

Installed this morning. Took all of 30 minutes.

These hooks along with the 20 ft chain available at Lowes made my Dk40 a workhorse.

Took down 3 large pine trees that had to go.

After that the hooks and chain turned a half days work into an hour or so.

Don't know how I got by without them.

I was close to getting a grapple but saw this thread, checked out Ken's page and I am one happy tractor guy !
Thank drjay, I appreciate the endorsement.