Quick question about new FEL

/ Quick question about new FEL #11  
wow thats homemade? great job.

You didn't see my starting point. :)

CLECO SHEET HOLDER PLIERS from Aircraft Spruce

12-10105.jpg

Trust me, I'm not an experienced fabricator - just reasonably innovative.

I used this very fancy CNC grinder to get the jaws to fit.
Makita-angle-grinder.jpg

You can use a rag if you want to avoid mess, but the cup that's naturally built into the tool slows down the jet of fluid *and* directs it away from the user. It's just about perfect for the job (I do wish the jaws were a little thicker; they end up being pretty thin when the grinding's done.)

/ Quick question about new FEL #12  
Just got the 200CX FEL and ballast box for our 2305 and I see this attachment will probably be my favorite. Quick question on the reattaching. Is it normal for the hydro fittings to ooze hydro fluid when making the hose attachments? Is this being caused by the moving of the control stick prior to the hose reattachment, which is suggested in the manual for the reattachment procedure?

Reread his post. Sounds like he is putting pressure on the tractor side.:confused3:

/ Quick question about new FEL #13  
Reread his post. Sounds like he is putting pressure on the tractor side.:confused3:

Yes, if he moves the control stick while engine is still running, but the manual does mention to move the stick with ''engine stop'' prior to making connection so to release any pressure on the tractor side, and believe me, you have to do it or else your in for a few bad words. :mad: You are also right in your previous post, it is very important to do the same when disconnecting the FEL and let it settle so to remove all pressure in FEL hoses. Makes it a lot easier to reconnect. :thumbsup: