Quick-Tach for LA402 loader

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am very confused hear, I have a B7800 with the LA402 loader and when I bought the tractor I wanted a skid steer QT for my loader. I was told by my dealer that the QT for it was not skid steer compatable and they didn't make on for my tractor. I find this hard to believe the more I learn about these machiens
I see hear in my looking that ATI makes a Tach-All QT for this loader.(QA-KU1) It is suppose to be Skid Steer compatible. I have yet to call them but I plan too. I thought I would throw this out because there are dealers hear and I just want to know is there a reason that this is not possible with this loader, or is there other options or makes that are skid steer compatible with this loader. I am a little irritated with my dealer for not exploring my options as far as it could go

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #2  
Timber,

I just took deliver of my new B3030 with LA403 and the ATI Tach-All this past Friday :D Kubota does offer a quick attach but it is a pin type and only works with the Kubota pin on bucket and pallet forks. I don't believe anyone makes any other implements that use it. My understanding is the pin type quick attach is what skid steer loaders used many years ago before the current method and each vendor had their own version of it.

The Tach-All does just what you want, it allows the standard skid steer type quick attach implements to be used. The only issue is most skid steer implements are quite heavy so you need to watch the weight.

I plan on getting pallet forks and a grapple for mine. I currently have just the Kubota bucket that was modified with the ATI adapter to work as quick attach.

FYI,
Norm

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader
That kind of what I wanted to know. Now let me ask The adapter to your Kubota bucket what does that look like. I would love to see a picture. Do you have to cut off the mounting pin recever off the bucket or does it just mount to the stock bucket

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #4  
Horst Engineering up in ?Ontario also makes a very nice QA adapter for FELs. I have one and it works very well.

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #5  
Timber said:
Now let me ask The adapter to your Kubota bucket what does that look like. I would love to see a picture. Do you have to cut off the mounting pin recever off the bucket or does it just mount to the stock bucket
Attached is an image of my B2910 with the Kubota adapter mounted. If you look closely you can see the Kubota serial number tag on it.

As far as I know you do not have to cut anything off the the bucket - since it is a pin-style quick-change adapter it uses the existing pins - you just leave the top two in all the time on the bucket and the adapter has a pair of top hooks that grabs them - then you pull the lower pins when you want to unhook.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,561
   / Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #6  
Timber,

Yes, you would have to cut the stock mounting system off the bucket and weld on the ATI QA adapter. They sell both the QA that goes on the FEL frame and also the QA adapter that can be welded onto implements to convert them to a QA attachment.

FYI,
Norm

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #7  
amigauser said:
Timber,

Yes, you would have to cut the stock mounting system off the bucket and weld on the ATI QA adapter. They sell both the QA that goes on the FEL frame and also the QA adapter that can be welded onto implements to convert them to a QA attachment.

FYI,
Norm

I have the ATI Quick attach on my b3030 and love it. They did cut off the stock system - no loss.

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #8  
Timber said:
I am very confused hear, I have a B7800 with the LA402 loader and when I bought the tractor I wanted a skid steer QT for my loader. I was told by my dealer that the QT for it was not skid steer compatable and they didn't make on for my tractor. I find this hard to believe the more I learn about these machiens
I see hear in my looking that ATI makes a Tach-All QT for this loader.(QA-KU1) It is suppose to be Skid Steer compatible. I have yet to call them but I plan too. I thought I would throw this out because there are dealers hear and I just want to know is there a reason that this is not possible with this loader, or is there other options or makes that are skid steer compatible with this loader. I am a little irritated with my dealer for not exploring my options as far as it could go

Hey Timber, I'm not smart enough to link you, but look in this same forum at the thread titled "My New B3030HSDCC" posted by Amigauser. He has a picture of the ATI QA on his new 3030. It's a very good picture of the modification necessary to make that hitch work on your loader. Looks like a winner to me!!! :)

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader
Thank you I took a look that is a great picture of that set up. I did give them a ATI a call and they confirmed that it will fit fine. I just wish I did this from day 1 and I wish my dealer was more helpful at the time,My disappointment at the time of the sale was very clear. My fault too, I know a lot more than I did then

/ Quick-Tach for LA402 loader #10  
Timber said:
Thank you I took a look that is a great picture of that set up. I did give them a ATI a call and they confirmed that it will fit fine. I just wish I did this from day 1 and I wish my dealer was more helpful at the time,My disappointment at the time of the sale was very clear. My fault too, I know a lot more than I did then

Yeah, I totally understand. That's why I'm asking questions now before I buy a loader. So to get a Skid-Steer compatable QA on a Kubota loader I have to buy a pinned bucket and then cut it apart and add something like the ATI conversion???? Is that correct???

I know I can get a Skid-Steer compatable system on a Woods loader but haven't compared prices yet.

Keep us posted on your progress Timber, I'm very interested in what you end up with.