Front-End Loader QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one!

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #1  

Aquaman

Silver Member
At the end of Smakadeer Rd. in WestCentral MO
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I've seen another thread or two about this but mine is a little different. (so am I according to my wife) All it takes is angle iron and a drill to make. The welding on the angle wouldn't have been necessary if I had wider angle, I had to add a piece to make it tall enough. I used 3 bolts on each piece to anchor to the bucket. The back of the angle ends where the back of the bucket bends upward, which is where most of the force is absorbed. This puts it just on the other side where it attaches to the loader, which is where God and the japanese intended for it to be.:D Top is attached to my added on hook with chain as shown. Works GREAT!!!:cool:

Attachments

• bladeonbucket.JPG
    bladeonbucket.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • QH mount.JPG
    QH mount.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • buckethooks.JPG
    buckethooks.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 1,003
   / QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #2  
I like it! I've seen other posts on installing the 3-point hitch to the front but couldn't understand how the bottom was attached. Any problem with the weight or distance of the blade? I had a winter wolf plow that I used with a dodge carvan (worked great) that I just made brackets for to attach to the QC for my front loader. It works but still needs more bracing. And I don't like the overall length. Nice job thanks for sharing -Ed

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #3  
I put one of those on my quick attach plate on my skidsteer :D
Jim
:)

Attachments

• HF quick hitch on backing plate.jpg
    HF quick hitch on backing plate.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 861
   / QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #4  
I like your bucket hooks. I've been wanting to put some on my BX but don't have a welder for welding hooks on. Where did you get them?

Thanks.

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #5  
Aquaman said:
This puts it just on the other side where it attaches to the loader, which is where God and the japanese intended for it to be.:D :cool:

The spoken word has been heard.... ;) See picture 'attachment'

Don

Attachments

• 3pthitchplate1a.jpg
    3pthitchplate1a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:
   / QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #6  
TBDonnelly said:
When God speaks people listen. ;) See picture 'attachment'

Don

Don, I can't tell due to the black-on-black lack of contrast in the picture, but the lower attachment points on that adapter seem to be adjustable in width. That's the ideal situation for all those implements that don't follow exact 3PH dimensions. My 3PH adapter is non-adjustable and it won't fit my dirt scoop. I wanted to use it for digging shallow and narrow drainage ditches, but the only way I can use it without modification is on the 3PH, which makes dumping a lot more involved than it would be on the FEL.

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #7  
Aqua, man, y'all boys are good! Only problem is I don't have a FEL. My Harbor Freight quick hitch will only work with my rear finishing mower because the bottom hooks are a set width... didn't know about every attachment made has different bottom widths. Anyway, good work.

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one! #8  
jinman said:
Don, I can't tell due to the black-on-black lack of contrast in the picture, but the lower attachment points on that adapter seem to be adjustable in width.

Jim, you have a sharp eye. I enlarged the picture and it does appear the lower 3 point hook-ups are set up to slide on the square tube. :)

Don

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one!
Red55 said:
I like it! I've seen other posts on installing the 3-point hitch to the front but couldn't understand how the bottom was attached. Any problem with the weight or distance of the blade?

Red, Thanks! Also, the blade does add lotsa weight to the front and it feels kinda funky going down the road until you get used to it. The good news is, the weight helps make the machine steer better on the ice and snow.:)

/ QuickHitch in FEL bucket-yes, another one!
wupham said:
I like your bucket hooks. I've been wanting to put some on my BX but don't have a welder for welding hooks on. Where did you get them?

Thanks.

Thanks wupham. I think I got the "D" rings at Tractor Supply but don't remember for sure. Just about any farm supply joint should have them. Sometimes they have more than 1 size, I used the 5000# ones. I've seen alot of guys weld hooks to the bucket but I wanted to be able to switch the clevis for different needs. I've had a chain-type clevis cut through nylon straps and ropes before, and I didn't enjoy it one bit. If you use the bolt-on type D-rings, be sure to use grade 8 bolts and large (fender) washers.