Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #1  

DaveM

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710/LA402 FEL, R4's
Hi All,

First time post and I've been learning from this site for about 2 weeks now. I'm very interested in both of these tractors but still don't know which one will suit my needs and desires most. Still need to examine and price a JD 4100 before making a final decision.

I thought some folks would appreciate hearing the price quotes I got this weekend from my two closest dealers here in upstate NY. Dealer #1: BX2200 D60 (w/60" belly mower) and FEL, $13,400.00, B7500 HSD w/RCK60-24B belly mower and LA302 FEL, $16,350.00. Dealer #2: BX2200 D60 (same package as #1) $13,250.00, B7500 HSD (same package as #1) $15,616.56. Fortunately, dealer #2 made a very good impression on me and wants to demo both tractors on my property once the snow subsides here. Hope that's sooner than later!

Forgot to ask either dealer but can someone explain what "position" means in reference to 3pt hitches? I know neither of these models have it but the JD does.

Thanks- Dave

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #2  
Welcome, Dave! Fill out your profile, so we all know where you live.

Position control means the 3PH lever gets pushed to a certain point, then the 3PH itself moves to that point. The control stays where you put it.
No position control means the 3PH control is like a computer joystick. You push forward until the 3ph is as low as you want (or pull back to raise the implement /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif), but as soon as you let go of the control, it centers itself and the implement stops moving.
Position control is really nice because you can learn the setting that works best for each implement, rather than rediscover it each time you go to lower... an example for me is my brush cutter. I set it at 5 (an arbitrary number, not any kind of measurement) on the control, which keeps the front of the cutter at the right level to cut, not dig.

mark
markcg_sig.gif

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD
Thanks Mark! I think I get it now. Sorry I didn't/don't know too much about the workings of this site yet. I did just now fill out some of the profile blocks.

BTW, I thought the quotes I got were on the high side from both dealers but the fact that they came in relatively close to each other makes me think they're about right for this area. Any thoughts from anyone around here on these prices?

Thanks Again- Dave

PS- We just bought our place last summer and inherited an old Toro 8hp rear engine rider (32" deck). Way too brutal and SLOW for me so I hope to do my first cutting this year with a new tractor!

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #4  
"Finger Lakes" can cover a pretty big area, but if you're anywhere near Rochester, I really like the guys at Ontrac for John Deere. Incidently, I bought the JD790 because of price/performance ratio. The only thing it does not have as an option that a lot of people swear by is an advanced transmission (HST, Sync-reverse, something). Other than that it is a lot of bang-for-the-buck /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

mark
markcg_sig.gif

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #5  
Mark,
Kubota has an equivalent model - The L2600... a great tractor without any of the "bells and whistles". But... it is a bigger tractor. Has larger frame (i.e. more ground clearance, bigger wheels, larger fluid capacities) and even the Kubota 16 hp has more 3 point lift capacity then the JD790. If you are looking at HP only, these would be models to consider... but when looking at overall performance (loader/mower) you will find the time you save with the HST transmission will well make up for the lack of brute horsepower. The smaller tractor(s) will run circles around the larger one that has a gear shift (I read a reference to Bam-Bam in another post... small, but quick and powerful...).

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #6  
I am also deciding what to buy, the 10HP Cub Cadet Hydro 32" cut just isn't enough!. Here are a couple quotes I have received: BX2200, 60" mid mount, and front end loader..$12250
The 54 inch deck was $150 less, and the BX1800 was 11800
Jus tneed to make sure this is the right machine for me.

/ Quotes: BX2200 & B7500HSD #7  
FYI...even though I'm not in your area...I paid $12100 for a BX2200, turfs, FEL, 60"deck and 48" Box scraper. I had also priced out the JD4100 and the NH TC21D. Couldn't see the price difference for those, and in my case, smaller is better. If your ground is very rough, or you intend to do a lot of heavy tilling, etc, you might want a bigger frame that justifies the extra cost.