R.O.P.

/ R.O.P. #1  

ket

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM1802D
roll over protection .. is there a after market rop for yanmars or OEM or do you have to make them for yourself?

/ R.O.P. #2  
Sometimes you can get a rops for a US yanmar from a dealer that will fit your gray. They are expensive but some folks balance that against the value of their life. There are some small welding companies who will make ROPS. There were some manufacturers names that came up in the old club. Does anyone have them? Can you repost. There were some pictures of homebuilt ROPS over at Yahoo that looked really nice. You might find a John Deere rops from a 650,750,850 at a dismantler that could be made to work. The question of ROPS seems to make people nervous. I guess it is the legal liability thing.

Chris

/ R.O.P. #4  
This is the exact info. I've been looking for. I hope someone posts a good aftermarket mfg. company. I heard there was a guy in Mississippi that made rops and they bolted to where the pto sheild should go. But as of yet, no luck finding him.

/ R.O.P. #7  
James...

That was in 1993... I'm sure it's up around $650-800... today... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ R.O.P. #9  
yea old price but can you even get a factory rop for the gray tractors? Especially my 2210. later, erick

/ R.O.P. #10  
Eric,
May be able to get the US version, which may or may not fit the grey. Ask Len, Buck or Roger. They'll know