R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #11  
I just bouth three five gallon buckets of ProMax hydraulic oil from my fuel supllier. They are a distributor for gas stations in the area, but also sell off road, red died diesel and oils. This oil is rated for my 168hp hydrostatic drive Case dozer. It has incredible preasure to run the tracks and push a load of dirt. I paid $29.35 for each five gallon bucket.

The off road diesel was $4.17 a gallon today.

Eddie

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #12  
That was cheap, I've been paying $4.30 gal for off road in VT, but I did notice at the gas pumps the prices droping so maybe the off road diesel is less this week also

BY

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #13  
botayota said:
That was cheap, I've been paying $4.30 gal for off road in VT, but I did notice at the gas pumps the prices droping so maybe the off road diesel is less this week also

BY

Last week . I paid $4.40 per gal.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #14  
I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he's been picking up his hydraulic fuel at Sam's Club. He said it's cheaper there than anywhere else he's seen. He's buying it there to fill his Komatsu AWS backhoe.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #15  
Slippy said:
I just picked up 5 gallons of hyd fluid from Kubota for my RTV900 and...it was $115 dollars. Is there, or should I say, what is the substitute that is less expensive but just as good. I would say over half the price is for "Kubota".

While I am on the subject, is there anything special about the Kubota 15w40 engine oil? It is $17 per gallon and I can pick up Rotella for 10-12 a gallon.

Thanks.
From what I have read and spoke with a few folks on this subject STAY with the Kubota brand Hyd fluid or you will run into operating problems with your hydrostatic transmission.coobie

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #16  
shvl73 said:
I used Massey Permatran @ $75/5gals recently. Was yours the regular or synthetic? I've used cheaper in the past but, I'm sticking with Permatran now, has snappier pedal response.

I paid $186 for 10 gallons two weeks ago, and it had just went up over $1 a gallon they said.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #17  
I went to my local Kubota dealership (they sell New Holland also) last week to buy some trans/hydraulic fluid for my L35. The parts guy told me they used the New Holland brand in Kubota tractors in the service dept. because it was spec'd the same.

I let him talk me into buying the New Holland stuff, but I haven't used it yet. I'm still mulling it over, would hate to damage my machine over $50-100.00, not sure what I'll do. Might take it back and get a couple SUDT pails, might not. Wish I could be sure it really is compatible.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!
I checked Sam's Club over the weekend and they sell A&W 46, no specs on the 5gal pale. It just says hydraulic fluid and goes on to say top quality type stuff.

White Shark: Know anything more about his use?

Irwin and Coobie: It is a tuff call with no easy answer. I have IH, Mahindra, New Holland, and Kubota products and 6 different pales of lub. What a pain. I would like to be able to say it is just a bunch of talk by the manufactures, but at this point have not been willing to risk they are wrong.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #19  
Slippy said:
I checked Sam's Club over the weekend and they sell A&W 46, no specs on the 5gal pale. It just says hydraulic fluid and goes on to say top quality type stuff.

White Shark: Know anything more about his use?

Irwin and Coobie: It is a tuff call with no easy answer. I have IH, Mahindra, New Holland, and Kubota products and 6 different pales of lub. What a pain. I would like to be able to say it is just a bunch of talk by the manufactures, but at this point have not been willing to risk they are wrong.
I agree slippy on the tough call.There are a few folks over at compacttractor review forum in the RTV 900 section that tried something different than the Kubota hyro. fluid and had operating problems with there trannys.coobie

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #20  
My local TSC had the travelers on sale for $39.99 per 5 gallons.

It said it crossed to the NH134 that my tractor needs, good enough for me. :cool: