R1 or R4 suggestions for me

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #71  
When I was purchasing my tractor and the R1/R4 question came up, the answer was easy. Over the years, all the tractors that I have looked at and admired had R4's. So mine had too have R4's too. No logic, it was just something that I wanted.

They do look good, but like Women good looks wear off pretty quickly if they make life difficult day to day!!

-J.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #72  
They do look good, but like Women good looks wear off pretty quickly if they make life difficult day to day!!

-J.
Yep. When the salesman was pushing R4s for my 7520 and my wife was saying they look aggressive and nice I had to address her with contrasting analogies between slicks and treaded tires progressing to treaded tires and R-1s. She got the idea - that the others just couldnt take a bite and were confined to surface effects. You go with ruggedness of R-4s if you have to have it, but those who push bare tired traction limits daily on a wide variety of surfaces will try to stay on R1s.
larry

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #73  
After reading this thread I have decided to go with R1's. I would rather have the traction and not need it rather than need the traction and not have it. I have a lot of boggy places at my place too. The R4's are a little wider which is why I was considering them. I kept wondering why the dealer is pushing R4's. There is a $400-$500 difference between R1s and R4s depending upon the tractor/dealer.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #74  
R4's look good! R1's give the best overall traction, hands down. Wider is not necessarily better.

Chris

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #75  
Good choice ! I debated tires, as well. I have been very happy with R1's. By the way, only one flat in 4 years.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #76  
I am going to switch to R-1"S. Does anyone know a place to get them besides the Kubota dealer? I was told I needed to buy different wheels too.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #78  
I have to agree with you there.