Tires R1 to R4

/ R1 to R4
Good question on the R14. Don’t really know much about them. Or sizes required.

/ R1 to R4
LS provided info

================================================
Manufacturer Front Rear Remarks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Titan 42100756 42100752

/ R1 to R4 #14  
LS provided info
================================================
Manufacturer Front Rear Remarks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Titan 42100756 42100752

Well, the TBN website must have a Titan implement supporter because that word defaults to that link. So, the linking in your post is not to the Tire and Wheel company named T itan. Did it to my post 8 as well. The link to T itan tire and wheel works correctly in my earlier post.

/ R1 to R4
Thought I had found a reasonable source of R4 rims, $66 for fronts, $126 for rears. But shipping was over $100 each for the smaller ones. $1000 just for rims is not in the budget.

/ R1 to R4 #16  
I have 2 machines, 1 with R4s and 1 with turfs. Hard to beat turfs for lawn and snow. I think for 95% of what I need turfs are great, for the other 5% you have to call a wrecker to get you out of the weeds!

/ R1 to R4
There are times the R4s don’t have the traction I need, when ground is wet. We tend to get more than 140 inches rain per year, 49.5 ytd. These are the conditions where the R1s tend to be more destructive and I imagine the Tuffs just wouldn’t cut it. I’m making this guess based on tire slippage with the Scag and Craftsman rider.

/ R1 to R4 #18  
I have not tried them on our wet soft ground surface yet, but a less aggressive tread pattern might be less destructive and still provide some degree of "R-1" traction.

23deg Tread Bar Advantage - Firestone Tractor Tires

Amour All Traction Field and Road.

An R-1 23º tread bar pattern instead of the more aggressive 45º pattern

Attachments

• IMG_7158.jpeg
    IMG_7158.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 65
   / R1 to R4 #19  
I heard R4 have stiffer side walls compare to R1 less chance tire popping of rim.

/ R1 to R4 #20  
I heard R4 have stiffer side walls compare to R1 less chance tire popping of rim.

That's my understanding as well. I am happy that those new replacement R1's are 6 ply. I do not think >6 ply R-1 tires exist, but I am probably wrong.