R4 tires

/ R4 tires #1  

capi75rs

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
Can anyone tell me if R4 tires will mount on the same rims as the ag tires. I purchased my tractor used and it came with the ag tires and I would prefer the R4.

/ R4 tires #3  
Can anyone tell me if R4 tires will mount on the same rims as the ag tires. I purchased my tractor used and it came with the ag tires and I would prefer the R4.

Can I ask why??

I just bought used with R1's on it 6 months ago and was at first dissapointed. I've since changed my tune after reading a lot of opinions on the topic here, and gaining a bit of experience myself. Other than looks, the R4's don't seem to offer much benefit. Oh, people do say the R4's are tougher with regard to puncture resistance and longevity.

-Jer.

/ R4 tires #4  
Can I ask why??

I just bought used with R1's on it 6 months ago and was at first dissapointed. I've since changed my tune after reading a lot of opinions on the topic here, and gaining a bit of experience myself. Other than looks, the R4's don't seem to offer much benefit. Oh, people do say the R4's are tougher with regard to puncture resistance and longevity.

-Jer.

They also don't tear the ground up like ags. Everyone has different requirements. That's why they make different tires. :)

Unfortunately, they won't fit the same rims.

/ R4 tires #5  
Issues, headaches, grief! Generally speaking the rims are different sizes for the R4 tires. At the very least, because your 2810 is FWA, the tire circumference (and ratio front to rear) must be maintained to keep the driveline from binding. Seldom ever have we heard of anyone doing this conversion without changing wheels as well as tires. From the factory your tractor would have come with different wheels if it had R4's. Maybe a TBN'er out there has R4's and would like to swap for your R1's. Any takers?
Scott

/ R4 tires
Can I ask why??

-Jer.

The R1 tires are great for traction and work great on the farm, however when I'm running around the house, they are tearing the heck out of the yard. I've rented tractors with the R4 tires and had no problems running around the yard. When I ran the rented tractors with the R4 tires I had no problems with traction out at the farm or tearing up the yard at home. They seem to be the best of both for my case.

/ R4 tires #7  
The R1 tires are great for traction and work great on the farm, however when I'm running around the house, they are tearing the heck out of the yard. I've rented tractors with the R4 tires and had no problems running around the yard. When I ran the rented tractors with the R4 tires I had no problems with traction out at the farm or tearing up the yard at home. They seem to be the best of both for my case.

OK, fair enough. I was really drawn to R4's initially as well. I'm now resolved to the fact that I won't be mowing my lawn grass with my tractor, both because of maneuverability, and the treads ruining the grass.

-J.

/ R4 tires
Thanks everyone for the replies, although my checkbook is not real happy, I guess sometimes the truth does really hurt:( I'm going to see if I can order some new rims and tires, not soon though but would like to get the by summer. I think my local tire dealer can get everything. Anyone that had a 2810 with R4's what size are the tires? Front and back.

/ R4 tires #9  
Thanks everyone for the replies, although my checkbook is not real happy, I guess sometimes the truth does really hurt:( I'm going to see if I can order some new rims and tires, not soon though but would like to get the by summer. I think my local tire dealer can get everything. Anyone that had a 2810 with R4's what size are the tires? Front and back.

The R4's do use different sized rims. I have a new set on rims and I have sent you a PM about them.

/ R4 tires #10  
The R4's do use different sized rims. I have a new set on rims and I have sent you a PM about them.

I think the 2810 gear took different tires than the 2810HST? I think I have a new set of R4s for a 2810 gear in stock, if anyone on the left coast needs them.