Radiator overflowing

/ Radiator overflowing #1  

RebelYell

Silver Member
East TN, Limestone(between Johnson City and Greene
Tractor
Kubota BX22
Two weeks ago I noticed my coolant ran out through the overflow valve on my BX22(210 hours). I had mowed about 3 acres and never noticed the temp gauge higher than usual. I always clean the screen under the steering wheel and the (pull out) screen in front of the radiator when I see any type of buildup. I didn't get a chance to check everything before my next mowing. I mowed about 2 acres and noticed the gauge just a bit higher but not to a point which worried me. I turned off the mower and again lost more coolant(which did not overflow while I was mowing). This is when I knew I needed to check things out more carefully. Both screens were clean but I took them off regardless. I found my radiator totally blocked with fine grass and dust approximatley 4/16 of an inch. I haven't checked the manual to see for any detailed info to check for this blockage (it may be in there); however, I cleaned this thoroughly and haven't had any trouble since. I just wanted to put this information out for anyone who doesn't have time to clean every single ity bity part of their tractor before washing, waxing, buffing, armour-all the tires, clean the grass off the bottom of the MMM then polishing the bottom of the MMM and painting with vegetable oil or (that paint some of yall have used from TSC), greasing all moving parts and kissing your baby good night. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wish I had that kind of time but I don't. Yall have a good day and keep the shiny side up, of course some of yall have shiny tractor bottoms too. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Radiator overflowing #2  
Rebelyell, good post, I noticed this also on my 5030. The fine particles will get past the pull out screen and will accumulate in the radiator. A good rinse and the temp gauge goes down a notch or two.