radiator repair

/ radiator repair #1  

Brokermike

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555, Ford 4610, New Holland T4040
Well I managed to shove s tick into the bottom of my radiator on my DK40se. Only the plastic has cracked and it looks like all of the aluminum was spared. Does anyone know of a source to have it repaired? I guess I'd either need a replacement part re-crimped or an aluminum tank made and brazed to replace the plastic tank?

Attachments

• 101_1644.JPG
    101_1644.JPG
    873.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 101_1645.JPG
    101_1645.JPG
    730.9 KB · Views: 256
   / radiator repair #2  
A good radiator repair shop should be able to replace the tank without any problems if it is available. I have plastic tanks on radiators replaced all the time because of cracking. I have not found a good way to repair the tanks so I have them replaced.
Bill

/ radiator repair #3  
plastic.. yuck!... I much prefer metal.. that way it can be repaired!

good luck!

soundguy

/ radiator repair #4  
I would first check with a good radiator repair shop. Some of those plastic tanks can be repaired or They may have a replacement tank for it . Almost all of the Radiators that I have seen in the last ten years use aluminum cores with plastic tanks. It would be worth a try. Bob

/ radiator repair #5  
I did the same exact same thing to my DK45s last year. I checked around on prices to fix but decided to go with new due to the possible failure of a repair job (they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't leak later on).

/ radiator repair
It's fixed! A big thank you to Myler's Radiator Repair in West Jordan Utah , yeah I had to ship it that far to get it fixed :(

But it's awesome, looks like it's built to take a bullet, and it fit almost perfectly (needed to trim the fan shroud a little).

manufacturers should take notice, that radiators should not be built with Plastic

Attachments

• radiator2.JPG
    radiator2.JPG
    843.8 KB · Views: 221
  • radiator one.JPG
    radiator one.JPG
    948.1 KB · Views: 186
   / radiator repair #7  
Glad you got it fixed, looks like a good one. But, I am curious- there are lots of radiator shops. Why did you have to send it halfway across (more actually) the country? Wouldn't local shops work on it because it was off a tractor or was it a price thing? Just curious.

/ radiator repair
Simply put we have no real local shops. I've dealt with Myler's for motorcycle stuff in the past. Whereas one semi local shop said "ship it up or drive 2 hours to drop it off and we'll let you know if it can be fixed" Terry Myler said "sent it out, I can fix it, or build you a new one" He is a man of his word.