Oil & Fuel rain water in fuel...:(

/ rain water in fuel...:( #11  
I have to make a disappointing update...after running it for about 3 hours, it started sputtering and misfiring and rpm's going all over the place while trying to drive. So I've gone ahead with a total drain and flush of the fuel system. Refueling with brand new fuel later on and will keep you guys posted.

Does your Kubota have a water separator filter similar to my M4900? If so you need to monitor the level of water in it. Also some fuel conditioners have have water dispersal additives.

/ rain water in fuel...:(
Next time do NOT put Heet in it, that is an alcohol and is bad for diesel fuel systems. Despite their advertising Heet does NOT remove water....where does it go? Into solution with the alcohol which is a bigger problem with a diesel than the water that was there in the first place IMHO.

I can guarantee there won't be a NEXT TIME...first and last thing on my checklist now...:thumbsup:

/ rain water in fuel...:( #13  
with proper maintenance, fuel conditioners are not regularly required...
I would drain the fuel system, maybe fabricate a long air blower out of a piece of copper tubing and a compression coupling and air hose connector... use it to blow around inside the tank.. then replace the fuel filter, put some fresh fuel in it. IF you feel the need to add something to the fuel system, dump a bottle of 2 stroke engine oil in the fuel... its one of the best simple lubricants....

/ rain water in fuel...:( #14  
I have to make a disappointing update...after running it for about 3 hours, it started sputtering and misfiring and rpm's going all over the place while trying to drive. So I've gone ahead with a total drain and flush of the fuel system. Refueling with brand new fuel later on and will keep you guys posted.

All the more reason for a Racor diesel fuel water separator filter as no water dispersant would be needed.

/ rain water in fuel...:(
Did a complete drain of the system, new fuel filter and new fuel. Been running for over 3 hours without any problem now. phew...

/ rain water in fuel...:( #16  
with proper maintenance, fuel conditioners are not regularly required...
I would drain the fuel system, maybe fabricate a long air blower out of a piece of copper tubing and a compression coupling and air hose connector... use it to blow around inside the tank.. then replace the fuel filter, put some fresh fuel in it. IF you feel the need to add something to the fuel system, dump a bottle of 2 stroke engine oil in the fuel... its one of the best simple lubricants....

easier, gentler way to "pressurize" the tank, I've found, is to use the exhaust from your shop vac...put the hose on the outflow side of the vac