Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life?

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #1  

herringchoker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
..or at least until I get a new windshield?
Applied it twice now and it works great in heavy rain - don't need wipers then - but in light rain or mist I have to use the wipers and it leaves a scum on the windshield that is hard to see through, especially at night. Anybody know of an antidote?

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #2  
By antidote, are you asking how to remove it? If so, use clean rags, rubbing alchohol, and elbow grease. Follow with glass cleaner. Also, replace your wiper blades. They have the Rain-X in them now and can redeposit a slight amount when. Used.

Ken

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #3  
I tried that stuff many years ago and i remember how terrible it was becuase of what you just went through. That stuff is a joke. Do what kensnelling says and you should be good to go. Throw the rest of it out and use good wiper blades

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #4  
I used to use Rain-X, but found that when it was wearing off, it really smeared and made things worse. It wasn't an acceptable tradeoff. So I washed it off. Soapy water with dawn dish soap should take it off (and will also remove wax off your paint, so be careful).

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #5  
With the wipers working slowly, pour a Coke across the top of the windshield, then with a garden hose, rinse the Coke off. When I worked nights in a squad car and had a film on the windshield, that's the way we got rid of it.

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #6  
Alcohol will get it off.
I dont use it on any thing with a wiper but its good for mirrors an your door windows.

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #7  
Years ago I had a problem with it and used rubbing alcohol to clean the windshield.

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #8  
a lil acetone and water mix will do it too.. alcohol is safer.. :)

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #9  
..or at least until I get a new windshield?
Applied it twice now and it works great in heavy rain - don't need wipers then - but in light rain or mist I have to use the wipers and it leaves a scum on the windshield that is hard to see through, especially at night. Anybody know of an antidote?
In my opinion, it should be outlawed. Scum residue is being polite. I used the product years ago, one time and the last time. Never used it since then for the same precise reaason. They never tell you that part.................. Antidote... use Coca-Cola to wash the windshield and the wiper blades (or replace the blades). Rinse with water. Follow with a fine-grit wool pad / cleaner. The wool will clean the pores of the glass and you'll never see not one scratch. Use it lightly, like any cleaning pad with a glass cleaner. Clean and wipe in conjunction with a microfiber cloth towel. Paper towels leave chemical residues (smears), somewhat similar to the scum from Rain-X. Microfiber does not contain chemicals. This will get your glass clean.

/ Rain-X - Am I Cursed for Life? #10  
With the wipers working slowly, pour a Coke across the top of the windshield, then with a garden hose, rinse the Coke off. When I worked nights in a squad car and had a film on the windshield, that's the way we got rid of it.

didn't you guys keep a bottle of coke in the squads cars for cleaning blood from roads after accidents? ;)