Rain

/ Rain #11  
Yea, we have been inundated with rain here. Stuff has drowned in the garden and I can't get in it to work anything. It's raining right now.

/ Rain #12  
Yea, we have been inundated with rain here. Stuff has drowned in the garden and I can't get in it to work anything. It's raining right now.
Not quite that extreme here, but we've had a rather wet spring too, after a winter with hardly any snow.

/ Rain #13  
Rain - what is that??? So far this year I have received 6.45 inches - as logged on my Davis Vantage Pro 2. And we are now going into our dry season.

6.45 inches - that's just a tad over one inch per month. I couldn't even raise popcorn with that little rain.

/ Rain #14  
I'm in Tyler, and it seems to rain about once a week here. Sunday's rain gave us an inch. The week before, it was 2 1/2 inches. My ponds are full and my fields are doing good. The one thing I like about the rain that might not be widely known is how easy trees are to take out in the spring when we've been getting lots of rain. It's so much easier then in Summer when the red clay is like concrete.

/ Rain #15  
We had a helluva storm here last night. It basically followed Interstate 10 across the state.

My brother in law got blown off the road and into the ditch in his small Toyota truck. He also has 2 large pine trees down in his yard, and is still out of power. No damage at my house.

I got 1.8" of rain.

/ Rain #16  
At the house last night we got something like 1/2"; but areas east got a lot more. It's actually raining now, and they are expecting some severe storms late this .morning

/ Rain
Supposed to have 2 dry days then more rain moving in on Thurs.
2 dry days is not enough to make my ground firm enough to run
a tractor without causing major ruts. Just part of farm life. I still
don't want to live anywhere else. (please Lord, ease up on the rain
for just a couple of weeks)

/ Rain #19  
Last 2 years in Virginia have been really dry in my area. Finally getting rain, but like you said, when July/August get here we will be begging for it. I got collards and kale growing but need to get my other stuff going. Positive for me with all the rain, is all the brush piles I have burnt down. Just need to be thankfull for what we have.

I just wish the Japanese Beetles would disappear!!!!!!!!

/ Rain #20  
I'm in Tyler, and it seems to rain about once a week here. Sunday's rain gave us an inch. The week before, it was 2 1/2 inches. My ponds are full and my fields are doing good. The one thing I like about the rain that might not be widely known is how easy trees are to take out in the spring when we've been getting lots of rain. It's so much easier then in Summer when the red clay is like concrete.
That's optimum weather for growing.
Just enough to keep things watered, plenty of sun to keep them growing.