Raised garden beds

/ Raised garden beds #21  
I built my wife 4 4'x24'x16" raised beds out of concrete blocks, about half of the blocks I picked up for free by asking around, the rest purchased at home improvement stores when they go on sale for around a dollar a block (I think at HD they are about $1.25 right now). We build them four years ago after using PT wood which only lasted 3 or 4 seasons. Blocks may not seems cheap at first, but I think they will last longer than most of the materials you can use.

/ Raised garden beds #22  
I just learned about hugelkultur for the first time last week. I have already started two beds. I have a portable sawmill and this looks like a great thing to do with my slab wood and branches. I have spent some hours studying this online. I have lousy luck growing anything. Let's see if this works.

Wish I could start mine soon but just not possible. Please post pictures and results when you get them would love to see if it works or does not work.
I got interested in hugelkultur because of the materials I had on hand and the fact that it is supposed to really save on irrigation. During the hot and dry times of the year I know I will not be around to water real often.