3-Point Hitch raises very slow

/ raises very slow #1  

WhiteFox

Tractor
1953 Ford Golden Jubliee NAA
I recently purchased a small farm, and got an older international 424 gas powered tractor. It has a 3 point setup, but works very slowly. THe previous owner had a hydrolic pump mounted at the front of the engine, and that raises and lowers the front bucket quite well, and with authority. :) But the 3 point is really slow. I also own a 1953 Ford Golden Jubalee (NAA) and the 3 point hitch works flawlessly and is very responsive.

I do not yet have any manuals tfor the 424, but have any of you come across this on your tractors? Is there a filter in the system and if so, where?

And yes I am researching getting the necessary manuals, but decidded to turn to the internet to see what I could learn. I also drive motorcycles, 2003 Kawasaki Vn900, and belong to a forum and hve gotten a wealth of information from that, so I thouhgt I would try here.

/ raises very slow #2  
There is a knob under the front of the seat. Make sure that is open!!! It is a shut off for the three point or to just regulate the flow for more controled uses.

/ raises very slow #3  
clean the hyd filter it is in side the lift top on the front right side all u need to do is remove the hyd line and one bolt and the filter will come out the front

/ raises very slow #4  
clean the hyd filter it is in side the lift top on the front right side all u need to do is remove the hyd line and one bolt and the filter will come out the front

If you raise the front of the tractor you won't lose most of your hyd fluid.

That said on a tactor as old as a 424 the hyd like needs replacing and raise the front will help it drain out too.