Rake for Kubota BX

/ Rake for Kubota BX #1  

santacruzer

Bronze Member
Has anyone out there had any personal experience using a landscape rake with a BX Series (2350 Kubota is what I have).

The problem of course is not HP but rather finding a rake that has the proper geometry to lift high enough with the hydraulics so that I'm able to lift off and clear a pile of debris that I just raked up.

I'm thinking that something not too light in weight and with gauge wheels might work the best for me, but I'm open to suggestions...like brand names etc.

Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

/ Rake for Kubota BX #2  
I am glad you asked this question. I received my BX 24 today and I need a landscape rake asap. I hoped to find one for around $400 but its proving difficult. I have found some 4 ft models that are too small in my opinion and lots of 6 ft that are too large for the BX from what I have read. Tractor supply can order a 5' model King Kutter but a review states it does not fit the BX 24 3pt hitch.

Northern Equipment has a Howse Landscape Rake 5ft. Length, Model# HLR60 for $399.
They also have a Northern Industrial 3-Pt. Landscape Rake 5Ft.L for $299.but it is backordered.

Now seems to be a tough time of year to buy a landscape rake. Let me kow if you hear of one that fits the BX models well and is reasonable.

/ Rake for Kubota BX #3  
Search the threads for the same issue with the bx23's

I drilled another set of holes about 1 1/2" for ward of there original loaction on the lower links that helped.
I modified my box blade by moving the back stabilizers (again drilling new holes) for the 3 point as far back as I could this made the 3 point tilted back about 2 or 3 inches it helped some too

tommu56

/ Rake for Kubota BX #4  
I recommend the Woods Estate rake highly. It is 5' wide and sized for the BX. I tried a 6' Leinbach rake, and it was too tall for my BX. The Woods rake cost me $650 with guide wheels, but I have been very happy with it. Good luck.
Will

/ Rake for Kubota BX #5  
I have the six foot woods rake with the gauge wheels and a BX 2350. It handles it really well and the only thing I did was had the tph pins turned around so they pointed in. This way it was easier to mount and dismount. If you adjust the top link to a short position then it will pick up real high. This is what I need to do to get on the trailer!;)

/ Rake for Kubota BX #6  
Bush Hog, King Kutter, and Woods all make implements specific to subcompact tractors, including the BX. And I am sure that others do as well. All three have landscape rakes in their subcompact line, and I think LandPride and York would have products with similar size.

/ Rake for Kubota BX #7  
The King Kutter XB line of implements is designed for the BXs. Painted Kubota orange too. I think I've seen an XB rake at TSC; can't remember whether 4' or 5'
Bob

/ Rake for Kubota BX #8  
Will_C said:
I recommend the Woods Estate rake highly. It is 5' wide and sized for the BX. I tried a 6' Leinbach rake, and it was too tall for my BX. The Woods rake cost me $650 with guide wheels, but I have been very happy with it. Good luck.
Will
DITTO,Thats what i got too.LIFTS it high
ALAN