Raking Leaves the Kubota Way!

/ Raking Leaves the Kubota Way! #1  

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Well many times people ask about the BX grass catcher, so this year I thought I would snap a few photos to give an idea of what can be done. This is when I love the thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You will notice in the first pick I put my sons Soccer ball next to the leaves to try and give a depth perspective, it still doesn't look as deep, but it was as deep and in some places deeper as I had my son blowing leaves out from behind the bushes and piling them up so I could take care of them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now for the pictures........ /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 526451-The Misson.jpg
    526451-The Misson.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 885
   / Raking Leaves the Kubota Way!
Now for the Predator.......

Attachments

• 526453-The Predator.jpg
    526453-The Predator.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 833
A view from the beast! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 526454-From the eyes of the bota.jpg
    526454-From the eyes of the bota.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 691
A left side while in the deep stuff.....you will notice that the leaves will bunch up and sometimes you have to back up and go forward again.

Attachments

• 526455-Left Side.jpg
    526455-Left Side.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 665
A right side.

Attachments

• 526458-Right Side.jpg
    526458-Right Side.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 534
Here is some progress after I backed up because the bags were full. Note I had the mower height on 4" and this is what it left.

Attachments

• 526459-More Progress.jpg
    526459-More Progress.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 594
Here is the finished process.

Attachments

• 526461-Finished.jpg
    526461-Finished.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 512
Some finish up information. After mowing the deep stuff I went back over the area at a height of 2.5" to get to an acceptable level.

In the rear of my house with the other trees that had just the natural falling of leaves, I picked up at 3" only and it did fine.

The leaves get mulched well under normal depths (2-3" of leaf cover), but when real deep like shown, they don't get chopped up much so you would probably be better off mowing over a few times without the bagger if you wanted that outcome.

I probably made 7-8 trips to my garden to dump from what was shown in the first picture and the one attached here which was a slightly different angle.

Attachments

• 526462-More Prey.jpg
    526462-More Prey.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 448
Total time I spent doing my yard was about 1 1/2 hours including the 4 smaller trees I have in the back yard and another large one in the front that was not shown.

When picking up the deep stuff you have to move slowly and even more important, pay attention to the viewing window so you stop when full and not plug it up (I did twice). /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Raking Leaves the Kubota Way! #10  
That looks really neat and clean. I've never picked up or raked my leaves. I simply just mow 'em and shread 'em; letting them fly out the chute to wherever they want to go. I guess I'm just lazy. I use the excuse that I'm using natural fertilizer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif