Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,701  
What I don't understand about cutting costs is the number of people in my town who have a mailbox. One is closer to the post office than it is to their house. Granted changing addresses is a pain but my parents did it twice because of 911 coding.

/ Rant on shipping #1,702  
What I don't understand about cutting costs is the number of people in my town who have a mailbox. One is closer to the post office than it is to their house. Granted changing addresses is a pain but my parents did it twice because of 911 coding.
I don’t understand why I have to pay (~$120/yr) for a PO Box at the post office while home delivery is free. I asked our postmaster and she didn’t understand it either. 🤔

/ Rant on shipping #1,703  
I don’t understand why I have to pay (~$120/yr) for a PO Box at the post office while home delivery is free. I asked our postmaster and she didn’t understand it either. 🤔
Probably because there’s a limited number of PO boxes.

/ Rant on shipping #1,704  
I saw an article that there was a driver shortage in the US. And that in 10 years the shortage may increase to about 160,000. I guess a lot are quitting or retiring.

I guess that explains why I only get mail 2 times a week and trash pickup one time every three weeks. Maybe they are the same drivers doing two jobs. Just kidding.

/ Rant on shipping #1,705  
Made an order on Walmart.com last week.
Said it would be here Wed. of this week.
Im ok with that, no urgent need.
Got an email saying it had shipped Fri.
Out of curiosity I checked the progress and who it was being shipped by today.
USPS is the carrier.
It left Hebron KY on Fri.
Went to Jacksonville FL, left there on Sat.
Then to Jefferson GA, left there on Sun. morn.
On to Plainfield IN, left there Sun afternoon.
So this package went by me twice. Go figure.
Aint complaining about the delivery time but it speaks volumes about the problems in the Postal Service.

/ Rant on shipping #1,706  
Made an order on Walmart.com last week.
Said it would be here Wed. of this week.
Im ok with that, no urgent need.
Got an email saying it had shipped Fri.
Out of curiosity I checked the progress and who it was being shipped by today.
USPS is the carrier.
It left Hebron KY on Fri.
Went to Jacksonville FL, left there on Sat.
Then to Jefferson GA, left there on Sun. morn.
On to Plainfield IN, left there Sun afternoon.
So this package went by me twice. Go figure.
Aint complaining about the delivery time but it speaks volumes about the problems in the Postal Service.
Yes the Postal Service is completely overtaxed with package delivery, especially after the recent agreement with UPS to do rural area “last mile” deliveries for UPS in rural service areas. I no longer get UPS packages delivered to my house. I get a slip in the mailbox saying to go pick up the package at the post office. When I last went to the PO to pick up a package I saw their holding room stacked to the ceiling with packages, 90% of which had Amazon labels.

/ Rant on shipping #1,707  
My wife recently signed up for Walmart premium membership for $40yr which includes free delivery of her groceries as well as any item for free shipping or delivery. $0.10gal off their gas and free Paramount+. Good deal. We expect the fee to rise but we pay Amazon Prime a lot more.

/ Rant on shipping #1,708  
My wife recently signed up for Walmart premium membership for $40yr which includes free delivery of her groceries as well as any item for free shipping or delivery. $0.10gal off their gas and free Paramount+. Good deal. We expect the fee to rise but we pay Amazon Prime a lot more.

I like the membership. We get it free on our phone plan.

/ Rant on shipping #1,709  
Apparently I owe the USPS an apology after looking at the latest shipping info. It would appear that the Postal Service has not received the package from Amazon.
Which is weird since I ordered it from Walmart.
At least now the package is back where it started from.
IMG_6793.JPG

/ Rant on shipping #1,710  
I like the membership. We get it free on our phone plan.
She loves it as well. Sure, the large grocery delivery costs her $10 for the driver tip but she'd gladly pay that to save her the hour of fighting the crowds. We'll reconsider it when they undoubtedly raise the membership after this honeymoon period.