Raptor wont start

/ Raptor wont start #1  

Trigger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
Hello,

I have a 2004 660 yamaha raptor. It has been sitting for several months (we were out of country). I forgot to switch the fuel to off, this is probably where i screwed up. Came back battery was dead, charged it up and drained the old gas put in some new. tried starting.
It will fire and run with choke on for a minute or two, but then it dies regardless of the choke. After this occurs one or two times it will not fire at all. But then come back two hours later it will run for 1-2 minutes again. You think i need to remove the carb and clean it or something? Anybody have any drawings or things I should look for? Sounds like something with the carb to me but I have never taken one of these apart...

/ Raptor wont start #2  
Check your airfilter for blockage

/ Raptor wont start #3  
Maybe still has some sour gas in the carb/ tank ~~~
After you poured out the old. Put in some high quality fuel, and along with it I would add a additive with it. And IF you got it runing proper again., pour some STA-BIL fuel stabilizer . And if you do get it running, I would put some marvels mystery oil in the fuel also..... that also is some good stuff >>>>

Also, while your in the mood, change the spark plugs !!!!

/ Raptor wont start #4  
yes you could still have some bad gas in the carb but did you also get a new fuel filter? i would change that too because that old gas can gunk up a filter. and do like camoorange said check that airbox i have seen wasp build thier nest in the air lines going to them. i even seen them little sparrow birds and rats build nest in the air lines so check that out.

/ Raptor wont start #5  
i have had motorcycles that sat over winter with gas still in carbs and gas dryed up and left gunk in carb.
you have to take cark off and clean it out.
one trick you can try first is drain tank and put in can of coleman fuel in and start it up , coleman fuel will clean up carb and will not hurt any thing.
i have done this with good results
this is only for gas motors