Ratchet Rake

/ Ratchet Rake #11  
northwind318 said:
You can prob do just as good a job with your FEL down right at the ground level.Most of the times that all it takes to remove a sapling up to about 2.5"

The ratchet rake will do a much better job on briar and small roots as it snags and rips them out while a standard bucket just slides over. For larger saplings a standard bucket is pretty good but the RR will grip them better and make it easier to get the roots out rather than just amputating the main trunk.

/ Ratchet Rake #12  
I just purchased a ratchet rake and find it a great tool for fixing up my roads on the acreage, fixing low spots, removing new grow on sides of roads.

/ Ratchet Rake
Well I have decided to buy a ratchet rake. Just waiting for a TSC sale to reduce the cost a little.

Vernon

/ Ratchet Rake #14  
LOL, get comfortable then. Let us all know when you see a sale. :thumbsup:

/ Ratchet Rake
John

Oh I am comfortable about that. I figure the way our economy is going there will be a lot more sales out there. Vernon

/ Ratchet Rake #16  
texbaylea said:
John

Oh I am comfortable about that. I figure the way our economy is going there will be a lot more sales out there. Vernon

TSC is not exactly stocking these things in quantity. I believe they stock one of each size and reorder when it sells. Not every store even stocks even one. Of the four or five stores within two hours drive for me, only one stocked any. I doubt we'll see any sale.

/ Ratchet Rake #17  
It would be like trying to buy a used one... :) But shoot I got a toothbar that way :thumbsup:

/ Ratchet Rake
I am also hoping that August 2 turns out like Jan 1 ,2000 did.

Vernon

/ Ratchet Rake #20  
I don't have one because of the ratchet strap attaching method. I'm pretty sure that where I'd need something like that would make short work of those straps.

I've got a 200 yard ditch seperating two fields that is a magnet for thick tangled blackberry growth. My practice has been to back the brushhog into the stuff, letting it loose to go off level downward into the ditch and pull up and out cutting and snagging great big messes of the stuff. In a rainy year the brush/berries are so thick that I can't see the brushhog, and if I tried that going forward with the ratchet rake I'd be nosediving into the ditch. If I DID get back out I'd bet the rake would be left in the ditch.

Maybe if they redesigned it to mount with heavy bolts like my toothbar does