Rattle noise

/ Rattle noise #1  

Stomper

Gold Member
Tractor
2017 Kubota L2501
Tractor in question is a 2017 L2501 HST. I haven't used my PTO at all since I got the tractor but I have been using it for the past week with my 3PH blower moving snow the past week trying to clean up around my house for the spring thaw. Sometimes when the PTO is engaged there is a clinging noise coming from what sounds like beneath the floorboard area. It's hard to tell exactly where it is coming from. It doesn't do it all the time only sometime. It will do it sometimes at idle and when I increase the rpm it will go away and then come back sometimes when I am blowing snow. It sounds like something is rattling against a piece of metal like the floor or a fender or something. It doesn't sound like anything mechanical or internal. It's kind of a tinny rattle sound. I did a quick check tonight for anything loose but with it covered in snow it was hard to tell. It is in my shop thawing out over night and I will take a look at it tomorrow. Just thought I would ask incase someone had a similar issue or its the start of something serious I should be concerned about.

/ Rattle noise #2  
On my LS4140 the left loader to frame pivot pin that you pull to remove the loader rattles like crazy and it took me a while to find it. It was rpm dependent some times and other times it would be silent. It sounds like an exhaust hanger hitting the pipe on mine.

/ Rattle noise
Thats very similar to what mine is doing and sounds like. I will check that out thanks

/ Rattle noise #4  
Agreed, it's those pins that fool you. Folding ROPs pins are good for that too.

/ Rattle noise
I'm surprised they would rattle with the loader installed and raised off the ground. I thought they would have pressure exerted on them. I will check them out.

/ Rattle noise #6  
I'm surprised they would rattle with the loader installed and raised off the ground. I thought they would have pressure exerted on them. I will check them out.

Sometimes its the lynch pin that holds in the main pin.