Canopy Rattling ROPS

/ Rattling ROPS
BeezFun said:
The highway safety warning sign also rattled like crazy on mine. I finally bought a set of ear protectors that have a radio in them, blocks out everything and none of it bothers me anymore. Kind of like turning up the radio in an old noisy car.

oh didn't even think of that... I'll check that in the AM, thanks.

/ Rattling ROPS #12  
The highway safety warning sign also rattled like crazy on mine. I finally bought a set of ear protectors that have a radio in them, blocks out everything and none of it bothers me anymore. Kind of like turning up the radio in an old noisy car.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know you said this in kind of a humorous way but you make a very good point.

I started wearing the radio ear protectors after I put about 100 hours on the tractor. By then I had fixed all the squeaks and rattles.

What got my attention was the neighbor, he was a farmer all his life and wears hearing aids in both ears. I figured the hearing loss was from operating machinery all those years without ear protection.

I now wear the ear protectors whenever I operate the tractor.

Mac

/ Rattling ROPS
Mac in PA said:
I started wearing the ear protectors after I put about 100 hours on the tractor. By then I had fixed all the squeaks and rattles.

I now wear the ear protectors whenever I operate the tractor.

Mac

I purchased a set of those Trekk Radio ear protectors from Amazon.com last year to use when mowing on my Dixon zero turn. Much better than listening to the thoughts in my head.

Last edited:
   / Rattling ROPS #14  
What got my attention was the neighbor, he was a farmer all his life and wears hearing aids in both ears. I figured the hearing loss was from operating machinery all those years without ear protection.

A bad wife can put you in hearing aids.

/ Rattling ROPS #15  
I ordered a set of BX25 knobs to fix the ROPS rattle on my B2620. They should have come with it though.

Attachments

• 100_1609.jpg
    100_1609.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 158
   / Rattling ROPS
Evil the Weasel said:
I ordered a set of BX25 knobs to fix the ROPS rattle on my B2620. They should have come with it though.

Nice, I'll see if I can find a set.

BeezFun said:
A bad wife can put you in hearing aids.

Haha so true so true

/ Rattling ROPS
The BX25 comes with bolts with hand knobs there. I'm sure your dealer can get you a pair. Never figured out why Kubota doesn't put those on the larger tractors since they have the threads to accomodate them.

Purchased the Hand Knobs last week from the dealer and that cleared up the rattling. About $11.00 ea. plus some shipping. Only thing I have to remember now is to lower my ROPS before I pull under my awning... WHAM! lol

Thanks everyone for the advice and ideas.

Mark

/ Rattling ROPS #18  
Thoughs knobs came with my Massey, I took them off, so I wouldn't loose them, DUH..... Anyway they are back where they are supposed to be, in the first place. It didn't take but 10 sec. to put them back.
david