Raven: 46" Mower, Generator, Go-Kart/ATV

/ Raven: 46" Mower, Generator, Go-Kart/ATV #11  
Just wanted to address a few of the comments mentioned about the Raven mower so folks would have a better idea of what the mower is. The engine compartment is accessed by simply pulling the rear compartment toward the rear. This exposes the engine pretty well, so I don't think it will be any harder or easier to work on. The motor oil can be drained by the quick access plug located by the left rear tire. You don't even have to open the engine compartment to do this. The deck is constructed of 1/8" steel and is welded, unlike the stamped decks I'm use to seeing on other mowers. The deck also has a band of 1/8" steel welded around the base of it for taking the abuse of ramming into trees, rocks, etc.. My Raven has about 4 3/4 " ground clearence with the deck at the highest setting, of course if I decide to go thru the huge task of unplugging the electrical connector for the deck and removing the three pins that allow the deck to be removed the raven will have about 9 1/2 inches of ground clearence at the front end and about 14 1/2 inches of clearence at the mid point. Removing the deck takes less than 5 minutes to accomplish and about twice that to re install. I agree that 240 volt power would be better, however I can't remember the last time I used my big John Deere generators 240 plug. Is it ugly, No doubt, but ugly is a cute way I guess. The stock tires are small, so I installed two ATV tires that were 2" larger in diameter to take advantage of the positive traction rear end. Speaking of the axle, it is very heavey duty. It mows fine so far, now I'm not sure how well it will do in 8" of grass, but of course my big sears craftsman chokes down in that kind of grass also. Did I need a Raven, NO. Did I want a Raven, heck yeah. It's a blast to ride, and I can use it at my remote cabin for powering my small cabin, gathering firewood on my land, quielty riding along, hopeing one of gos little creatures crosses my path for dinner. If anyone wants pics of my Raven, just let me know.