RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Yeah, you're out in God's Country as far as material goes Jim! The 4-6" I used here comes out of Sanger, so pricing is pretty good.

Finished up today.
Skyline17.jpgSkyline18.jpgSkyline19.jpgSkyline20.jpgSkyline21.jpgSkyline22.jpg

Re-graded and topped a 450 ft driveway today. The driveway had veins of limestone here and there and I pulled out quite a few basketball and larger rocks to get it to grade and repair the potholes. Then I mixed and placed 73 tons of road base over the whole thing. Unfortunately the driveway access and street were too narrow to back the truck and pup in, so I had to shuttle it all from the street. While I was grading I recovered a lot of road base in the garage area, so I used it to make the customer an area to turn their car around. Lots of poison ivy on both sides of the driveway to stay away from.

Metz1.jpgMetz2.jpgMetz3.jpgMetz4.jpg

Thanks two bit.

I work alone most of the year, but this past summer I had my step-son work with me. I actually fired him the summer prior! Now that he's 16 and drives, he's a little more willing to get out of bed and make some money. I let him run the tractor while I operated a CTL on a job in July. At that age they think that they know everything, so it was pretty entertaining watching his frustration in getting the hang of the fel and box blade.

In my former life in socal as a licensed concrete and general contractor, I had anywhere from 5-30 employees at any given time. Now my job is a lot less stressful and I enjoy it a lot more!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #45  
You are defiantly an artist with box blade. I am enjoying your thread as well. It is obvious from the pictures that you do exceptional work.

Thanks kf4uda. I've actually only used the BB to scarify the last two jobs. I used the loader only to lay the road base.

Working in the office today, but thought I'd share some grading photos and random stuff.

The homeowner got this "dirt" (and I use the term loosely) from a pool dig down the street. It wasn't real fun to try to grade it out. Unfortunately, he paid the driver for this junk when he was actually saving the guy money.
Keller Grading2.jpgKeller Grading3.jpgKeller Grading1.jpg

Cricket hanging tough at 60mph!
Hang On.jpg

Pulling t-posts with a Ratchet Rake.
Rachet Rake post 02.jpg

Well I'd like to post some photos, but I got that red circled exclamation mark again.

Its like a miracle...I can post pics now!

Here's a 2 acre build site before I brushogged it a couple of months ago. I'm back there now hauling rock out and I'll be back the first of the year to grade it. The builder used the lot for a dump site for all of the other lots. The buyer was a bit surprised when I give him my price. He thought that there were maybe a couple of dump truck loads...not quite.
Mustang1.jpg Mustang6.jpg

My dump site is less than a mile from the job and isn't 10-wheeler accessible. I could have used a bobtail, but my rental place just got a 14k / 14 ft dump trailer in. It's not new anymore! :D Fifteen very heavy loads so far and a few to go. I'm leaving as much soil as possible and separating out the rock. Some of the rocks showing were just the tip of the iceberg.
Mustang3.jpgMustang4.jpgMustang5.jpgMustang7.jpgMustang8.jpgMustang9.jpgMustang10.jpgMustang12.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang11.jpg
    Mustang11.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 198
Finished up the rock clearing project today. Separated and hauled off roughly 160 tons of rock, two loads of concrete and a few loads of rock/soil mix.
Mustang14.jpgMustang15.jpgMustang16.jpg

I blew a hose on the 4in1. Nice mess.
Mustang17.jpg

I got about half of the limestone slabs and boulders separated this morning, then headed out to look at a couple jobs. Hoping for rain to come in!
Rock1.jpgRock2.jpg