RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Dave, the fire line was actually contained at the East end of my customer's property. There's a gas/oil location on that side and the FD was there to protect it and the home. You are correct though, the lack of underbrush on the neighboring cattle properties was no doubt a factor in containing it there.

I'll be ordering the Ryan's shear this week from Top Notch Equipment Top Notch Equipment Inc, Branch Manager Attachments, Mustang/Gehl, Plymouth, Minnesota, Excavators, Lift Trucks, Loaders, Skid Steer, All-Wheel Steer, Track Loaders, Carl at Top Notch (lumberjack1986 here at TBN) is saving me a ton of cash. :thumbsup:

As I mentioned, there are quite a few trees that survived, so the removal will be selective. Since it's been three years since the burn, the bark on the scorched trees comes off from general handling. There's going to be a bunch of good firewood!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #494  
Here is a video of a Fecon bunching shear. Feller Buncher Fecon BUNCHING SHEAR - YouTube Ryan's makes them for Fecon. The one I'm getting is a bit different in that it has two moving shear heads instead of one. It is the 15" bunching shear on this page. Ryans Shears - Ryan's Equipment - Edmore Michigan

That is similar to the Tiger Cat feller-buncher they used on my chip harvest, except it has a saw rather than a shear. Amazing machine.

The operator would cut bunches and stack them in skidder friendly piles as he moved along. The skidder had opposing hydraulic jaws that grab the pile and away it goes to the chipper. Given the size of the area you are working, it would be nice to duplicate the skidder function just to move material and centralize it. Maybe you could rent a skidder after the shearing and piling is done.

The saw head.
Harvester3.jpg

Harvester4.jpg

image5.jpg

The property is broken into several sections by two runways, set up like a "V". There is also an access road around the perimeter of the property that the runways connect with. My idea is to shear the canopies and then shear any logs at the bottom, windrowing as I go from these access areas. We'll bring a mulcher in to work on the canopies later. The owner has also contacted all of the firewood guys in the area to see of they can work as I go too. We'll see if my plan works!

Hey, I just figured out how to post an image from GE. :rolleyes:
Jacksboro Image.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #496  
I just realized I haven't seen the dirt those pics are from since November. I miss my dirt. :D

If you get firewood guys interested, they would deal with the material movement probably. It would be good to off-load that part if you can.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #497  
I'll be ordering the Ryan's shear this week from Top Notch Equipment Top Notch Equipment Inc, Branch Manager Attachments, Mustang/Gehl, Plymouth, Minnesota, Excavators, Lift Trucks, Loaders, Skid Steer, All-Wheel Steer, Track Loaders, Carl at Top Notch (lumberjack1986 here at TBN) is saving me a ton of cash. :thumbsup:...

Thanks! Hopefully we'll see some video of it working!

I'm wanting one for myself. I see places to use it every day... probably one of those things that you find uses for after you have it.

I'm wanting one for myself. I see places to use it every day... probably one of those things that you find uses for after you have it.

Yeah, I suggested going into the horse hoof trimming business on the side...You should have seen my wife's face!

And just to pass along the "how to get a killer deal on attachments" info, call lumberjack1986 direct at 662-251-9191. Tell him you saw it on TBN.

Yeah, I suggested going into the horse hoof trimming business on the side...You should have seen my wife's face!

And just to pass along the "how to get a killer deal on attachments" info, call lumberjack1986 direct at 662-251-9191. Tell him you saw it on TBN.