Re: Another Tractor, need advice

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #11  

MacTractor,

I don't think you need to worry about PTO horsepower based on my experience with a 60" 3-pt snowblower on a manual JD 750 4x4 tractor. The blower was nothing special I bought used and had it many years before selling the tractor and all the implements. The JD only had 18 hp at the pto and had manual trans with only 2 reverse gears and it did everything I needed and more. It would toss snow a good 30 feet or so. It also had turf tires and chains were used when it snowed as some of the driveways were really steep.

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #12  
MacTractor said:
Thanks for the posts everyone.

I priced out a new 3300SU here and with Loader and Blower is comes to around $20500 before tax. Tax here is 13% so the argument that was presented to me was that at $20K on the 1 year old one I would be saving the tax. ($2665)

Again, I am in Atlantic Canada with pricing basically BS.

So here are my options:

1.. New 3300SU for 20.5K plust 13% Tax (Loader/Rear Blower)
2.. New 2320HST for 19.5K plus 13% Tax (Loader/Mower/Rear Blower)
3.. Used 2011 L3200 170 hrs for 19K no tax (Loader but no blower) Used local in Kijij (Might be too big for mowing the lawn)
4.. User 2006 7510 180 hrs for 14.5K no tax (Loader/MMM/Rear Blower) (Blower is kind of crappy)

The last option is to go down a notch to a BX2660, but I am not sure if this will be the best approach.

I like the 7510 but am concerned about the 21HP for my driveway with a blower.

Thoughts?

I would go with the 330SU, it is only 1k more than than the 2320 and you get more power. I don't think you can have too much power for a rear blower. I think the L3200 is getting little big to mow with in some yards. If you had a BX before and always wanted something bigger now is the time to go bigger.

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #13  

MacTractor,

I wanted to add pictures to my post above, but couldn't find them at first.

Here's a couple of photos to show what 18 pto hp will do for reference. The blower was in Inland SA-60 with a fan of approximately 20" diameter.

DSC_0398.jpg DSC_0408.jpg DSC_0420.jpg

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #14  

Considering you only have to maintain ONE acre and need loader, mower and snowblower, the B7510 should be a no-brainer. That tractor will do all the things you listed and then some. I would say if you get chains on it (it would be a must in the winter for any of tractor your options) it will be darn near perfect. I had a B7510 with turfs and it handled the following list: mow 2 acres with 60" MMM, 6' rear blade, 5' snowblower, 5" wood chipper, also hauled 4-5 cords of wood/year. Did that with turf tires and chains in the winter. I bought my B7800 because it is a little better at the firewood operation and not too big for the other tasks, but that's about it. I would suggest you save a few loonies and still get the job done with a smile.

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #15  

13% sales tax! Unreal!

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #16  

The 7510 is probably more tractor than you think. I purchased mine in 2007 and have 800 hours on it. I'm from the deep south and have no experience with snow - but my 7510 has surprised me more than once on it's power and pulling ability. I'm running manual gears so I'm normally in 1st gear low range when tilling with the PTO. Down South I bought a B3200 with FEL for 16K. I went with the B3200 because it has a mid PTO. This is a sweet tractor which I use for brush cutting and lot shredding. My 7510 with MMM is a lawn tractor on steriods.

/ Re: Another Tractor, need advice #17  
I'm in the 7510 camp. 21 HP and turfs are not a problem. I had a B6200 4wd (15 HP). I ran a 60" rear blower sometimes with chains. Had to go slow but with another 6 HP it would be a non-problem.

You can fairly easily change the skids ...I did that.

Get the 7510, add chains, get a rear blade for normal snows then switch to the blower for the big dumps.