RE: New to me 2320

/ RE: New to me 2320 #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
RE: New to me 2320

Hi Folks,

It looks like I am joining the green team. I started out really with an eye on a Kubota as I have owned one in the past, but ended up with a used 2008 JD 2320. I had quotes on a new JD 1023, 1026, then a 2320 along with Kubota B 2230's, 2620's , 2920's, and 3300SU.

I originally was looking for a 3300SU, but realized it really is not the best choice due to the fact that I wanted to mow with it. In all reality the JD prices for a 1023 and 1026 were the same as the Kubota 2620. The Kubota dealer did try really hard to win me over as I was impressed with his tenacity as he called every couple of days. I was ready to move on the new 2620 when the JD Dealer called me with a fantastic deal on a 2008 JD2320 that they just reposessed due to a divorce.

It basically looks like new with only 130 Hours. They offered to add a powertrain warranty for 36 Months or 1000 hours for only $500, which I took. In the end I added:

Frontier 54 Rear Blower
Frontier 72" rear Blade (I have a steep gravel driveway that will require yearly grading)
Front and Rear LED work lights

I should have it delivered some time this week. I will be putting it to work right away with some driveway fix work.

I feel bad that someone else who took care of this machine has lost it, but it provided me a good deal opportunity.

Cheers,

/ RE: New to me 2320 #2  
Re: New to me 2320

Congrats on the new purchase. As always....pics will be required.... LOL

/ RE: New to me 2320 #3  

Mac Tractor

Congratulations, I think you will really enjoy the 2320. It is a good solid little tractor and will give you darn good service. Be careful with the 6 foot blade, as long as you are moving gravel you should be okay but if you have hidden boulders like I do take it nice and slow. Those sudden stops can be hard on the three point mounts. I would be interested in knowing what you think of the LED work lights after you have used them for a bit.

/ RE: New to me 2320

I am looking forward to getting to know the 2320 better. I will let you know on the LED lights. I went this way instead of upgrading from the 20 Amp Altenator. My only worry on the LED lights will be the fact that generally don't produce heat, which is usefull when blowing snow as they will keep clean from the heat.

There was an article once here about a big win with a city changing all of the traffic lights to LED lights until the winter hit. Funny thing is that you didn't have to worry about snbow build up on the traditional models but low and behold, this is a big problem with the LED lights.(Little Heat)

I take the advice on the rear blade. Mainly will be used to spread gravel.

/ RE: New to me 2320 #5  

Welcome to the team Mac! Are you far from the North Shore?

/ RE: New to me 2320 #6  

Mac Tractor
I have two of the halogen work lights, one pointed forward and one pointed to the rear and I am always concerned I am running the battery down when I move snow at night. The math works out all of 2 amps to the good but that is just a calculation, not real life. So far the tractor has never failed to start (oh man am I in trouble now) but having less drain on the charging system would sure make me feel better.

Last edited:
   / RE: New to me 2320 #7  

EdC I've got some LED's and they typically stay clear unless it's really super duper cold out. The electrics in the back to generate a touch of heat. Enough to warm them up a bit. I have the 27w lights from tractorhelp.com. I also got HID's for my headlights from there. Not as effective with the loader on, but it sure lights everything up like daytime! And yes....mine starts every time also. No battery issues.

/ RE: New to me 2320 #8  

Congrats,
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
Tom

/ RE: New to me 2320

Thanks for the welcome....

I am down outside of Saint John. I am excited to get some seat time on the 2320. I noticed in your signature you have a cab?

Welcome to the team Mac! Are you far from the North Shore?

/ RE: New to me 2320 #10  

Yes, its a Jodale Perry cab! Love it! I remove it for the summer and back on in the fall. Bought most of my equipment from Green Diamond in Moncton. Ive received very good service from them.
2009_0316Waterflood0022.jpgDSCF6619.jpg