Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures

/ Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures
Here's a close-up of the drip loop. This loop is designed to prevent water from running directly down the conduit from the wire.

The 2 black insulated hot wires are twisted around the non-insulated neutral wire. The neutral is attached to the eye-bolt via an insulator and supports the hot wires as they are run between the transformer and the meter pole.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 281
   / Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures #72  
I would remove the temporary brace and wait on installing the the guy wire. Just check on it every visit to your property. If it starts to lean or bow add the guy wire. Maybe you will not need it.

/ Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures #73  
Wow, your power company uses those fancy insulators, around here they use aluminum crimp connectors and then wide electrical tape for insulation.

I built two poles with metered 50/30/20 amp receptacles/breakers boxes the other day and have two more poles to build on my trailer now. Just waiting on the clearing contractor to finish the lots so that I can plant the poles. The permits have already been pulled on 4 poles.

Removing the brace would largely depend on the amount of pull the line is placing on the pole.

Lookin' good. Don't forget to palce some gravel around the base of the pole.

/ Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures #74  
Great pictures.... it really enhances the story!!! The only comment I have is that your outlet boxes seem very low... looks like Fido might be thinking about lifting his leg in one of those pics... OUCH if he was to make contact!!

/ Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures #75  
Obed said:
We hired an electrician to put up a 16 ft electric pole to provide power for a camper. Here's the pole he put up. I had my wife call him to find out if he set the pole in concrete. Unfortunately he didn't. Also, the pole was only set 2 ft in the ground; that's not very deep for a 16 ft pole. I decided to pull the pole out of the ground and re-set it with concrete. This thread shows the pictures and description of how we did it.

Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding your power pole.
1. What is the calculated load that this service will supply
2. What size feeders did he run?
3. Did he install a ground rod, if so, how many and what size conductors
4. Are receptacles GFI protected?

In the electricians defense, for labor and materials $500. is a fair price, unless you tell me that the hourly rate is 20-30 $$ per hr. Just curious

/ Re-setting Electric Pole & Panel Pictures
ABE56 said:
Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding your power pole.
1. What is the calculated load that this service will supply
2. What size feeders did he run?
3. Did he install a ground rod, if so, how many and what size conductors
4. Are receptacles GFI protected?

1. 70A assuming we don't put a pump in the well.
2. I believe they are 4/0.
3. One ground rod. Based on looking at it, I think the ground wire is 8 guage but I'm not 100% sure.
4. The 20A receptacle is GFCI protected. The 30A receptacle for the RV is not CFCI protected. The RV has its own CFCI circuits.
Obed