Ready for snow!!

/ Ready for snow!! #11  
Looks good, should push well!

I still can't part with my bucket in the winter but if I had a heavier tractor I would definitely consider a plow. Time to dig the blower out and get it hooked up. Got a dusting of snow last night.

/ Ready for snow!!
Here is a update.
We got about 4 inches of snow a week ago so I got to test it out. I didn't have chains yet. Needless to say it was a bad experience. I had no traction and was having trouble just driving around up a incline without the plow down!! So next I put on a set of rear forks and hooked on to a 800# round bale of hay. Surly with all that weight I would have traction now. Nope I could hardly even tell a difference. Went inside and ordered a set of 2 link ladder chains from tirechains.com with 3/8ths cross links. They came today and WOW!! I knew it would be a big difference but it is day and night. I didn't even have any weight on back and I could push piles of snow no problem. My last tractor (sc2400) had chains too but I never tried it without them.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Ready for snow!! #13  
Here is a update.
We got about 4 inches of snow a week ago so I got to test it out. I didn't have chains yet. Needless to say it was a bad experience. I had no traction and was having trouble just driving around up a incline without the plow down!! So next I put on a set of rear forks and hooked on to a 800# round bale of hay. Surly with all that weight I would have traction now. Nope I could hardly even tell a difference. Went inside and ordered a set of 2 link ladder chains from tirechains.com with 3/8ths cross links. They came today and WOW!! I knew it would be a big difference but it is day and night. I didn't even have any weight on back and I could push piles of snow no problem. My last tractor (sc2400) had chains too but I never tried it without them.

Good to know, I figured the weight alone would of done the trick.

/ Ready for snow!!
image-2545766200.jpg

image-3278792918.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the new chains.

/ Ready for snow!! #15  
I'm jealous, we haven't had a measurable amount of snow to plow yet here in Coastal/Southern Maine. If I'm lucky we'll get more than a dusting tonight.

Re your traction issues, unfortunately that's what I've heard about R4s without chains. Sort of related to that, this is my favorite Kubota video.

Nice plow setup, mine is similar. I also removed the lights from the plow, with the raised front and side lighting on these Cub/Yanmars you don't need it.