Snow Ready for Snow?

/ Ready for Snow? #1  

Bob55

Tractor
2006 Cub Cadet Z-Force 44
OK, First winter with the new GT 2544. Put on the snow blower, tire chains, two suitcase weights. Changed engine oil and filter and trans filter. (Only have 10 hrs on it.)
Am I missing any thing? O ya I live in central MN, today 11/11/05 the high was 64!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Not complaining. The snow will come soon. I heard Monday.
I think when it does come, I'll wish I had a cab like ducati996 has on his 3204. Does anybody know if it will fit on a 2544?
Bob

/ Ready for Snow? #2  
Since you got it ready for snow, did you use "winter oil" that the Kohler calls for (5W-30)??

/ Ready for Snow?
Yup sure did, I had a older CC for a number of years and used 10w which they recommend for winter and 30w in the summer, back some 10-12 years ago. At least that is what my dealer told me, but they stopped making 10w about 7 years ago. At least I can't find any now. That worked really well when it would get down to -10 or -20. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Bob

/ Ready for Snow? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think when it does come, I'll wish I had a cab like ducati996 has on his 3204. Does anybody know if it will fit on a 2544?
Bob
)</font>

The size and shape off the floor boards and rear fenders are different but its not to say they (Sims Cab) do not offer the same unit for a 2500 series - its worth a call if your interested

Sims Cab

/ Ready for Snow? #5  
Could you take some pictures of the snowblower set-up? I too have a 2544 and I am wondering if I should replace my walkbehind snowblower with a tractor mounted unit. Let me know how it works.
I spent 2.5 hours snowblowing yesturday, as we got 12" in Manitoba. I wonder if the tractor would be quicker...

/ Ready for Snow?
Here ya go Yetii. CC2544 with snow blower,and no snow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 774804-IMG_0620-2.jpg
    774804-IMG_0620-2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 326
   / Ready for Snow?
And one more.

Attachments

• 774813-IMG_0621-2.jpg
    774813-IMG_0621-2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 314
   / Ready for Snow? #8  
Thanks... Do you think it will hold up well in the long run...?

Keep us posted how it works when it snows.

/ Ready for Snow?
Yup I think it’ll hold up for many years. I had a CC 1430 14 hp with a 40'' blower for 12 years, vary little problems. My drive way is about 300' + long with a large turn around/parking area.

/ Ready for Snow? #10  
How does the belt run for your blowers? Being a Cub with a horizontal shaft engine, it must look odd with the verticle pulleys on the Cub. Does the belt take a radical turn forward to spin the blower?

I wish I did not buy a walk behind last year. I did not expect my old Husqvarna would die on me this year and present me with this opportunity to buy the Cub. I would love to have a blower for my Cub but just can't justify the cost after buying the walk behind last year.