Ready, Set, Go

/ Ready, Set, Go #11  
bp fick,

I noticed you have what looks like a piece of pvc pipe on the bottom of your plow to be used as an edge. How does it work and what keeps it attached to the plow? I like the ideal behind it as it would prevent your plow from digging in. I plow a large part of my back yard and this seems like it would work really well. What size pvc did you use?

Thanks,
Curt.

/ Ready, Set, Go
Curt

This isn't an original idea. Others suggested it. I probably should have used steel pipe and screwed it on. Some advised that this will work fine, others not so much. I had a scrap of 2" but might have used a larger diameter as well. Ran it through the table saw, twice to get the right sized slot. It's schedule 40.

I have no idea if it will work, but I am determined to do something make the blade skid and not scoop up gravel. Of course, I intend to "pack" the first snow fall and get a "base" frozen down too.

/ Ready, Set, Go #13  
100_4590.jpg
This was about 16" snow fall that we received on the weekend of January of this year. The task of removing snow from driveways was a breeze with the front blower. Sometime It's great to to get a little seat time, weather wasn't to cold and both of my buddy's seem to love the white stuff. :rolleyes:
DevilDog

/ Ready, Set, Go #14  
Won't be long now.

Let the fun begin.

Maine 2.21.09....

/ Ready, Set, Go #15  
Yea, this is my yard a little past mowing time.......

Attachments

• Land snow 001.jpg
    Land snow 001.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 56
  • WinterSnow 009.jpg
    WinterSnow 009.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 68
  • WinterSnow 018.jpg
    WinterSnow 018.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 64
   / Ready, Set, Go #16  
What winter, it's been over 60 deg. for three days now :D