Ready to Mow a Joke

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #1  

rcooper

Tractor
JD 4500, JD 6x4 Diesel Gator, Cat 953LGP, JD2305
I was curious if anyone else has experienced the poor service with the Ready to Mow Service. I attempted to schedule the service by internet as provided by the Ready to Mow website; service request was sent to the local dealer, no response in a week. So a call was placed to the local dealer who said they had never heard of the internet scheduling. I was given a day for service, but no time could be given (not even AM or PM). The service man shows up at 4:00 p.m., he changes the oil, oil filter, and air filter and says he is done (this is for the 50 hr service for a 2305). I ask him about changing the hydraulic fluid and filters. He says it didn't show up on his computer until 150 hrs. I show him the manual and ask that the fluids and filter be changed, he does not have the fluids or parts and will return later.

What happened to the 14 point inspection? No grease, no wheel bolt torques, no cleaning, etc.? I even received a coupon from the dealer for free gloves which I didn't get for a purchase of the Ready to Mow service.

To say I am disgusted is putting it mildly. I should I have done the service myself, but I was busy at work.

Thanks for letting me rant.

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #2  
Sounds like a dealer problem, I have used "Ready to Mow" now for a couple of years and it has worked out great. I used the internet schedule set up also (since I hate to talk on the phone) and if I recall correctly service was confirmed the same day.

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #3  
Someone a while back wanted their MMM blades sharpened and the dealer charged them about $40 (IIRC).. Blade sharpening was only offered as part of the 'service' on the lawn/garden tractors..

BTW - Is or isnt the hydraulic fluid suppose to be changed at 50 hrs??

Brian

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #4  
I have had great service with a dealer I use in VT, but I had my 50 hour service done on my 2305 by a Dealer in MA and he did a great job also. Changed everything, checked everything, etc. Even asked me what type of grease I normally use so he could match it. Even tightened some PBY fittings that were leaking I had for my BH. Then he offered to and sharpened the blades, leveled the deck and I don't think they charged me any extra for that.

He had a truck with A welder, Electricity, and a compressor in it. He was there probably over 2hrs. Very complete.

/ Ready to Mow a Joke
It does sound like a dealer problem. The service tech is returning today to finish what he started. Maybe it might improve after a little discussion.

Thanks for everyone's input.

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #6  
I called the dealer and asked about getting mine done at the 50 hour mark. They said they could send a truck and do it at the house. Wow that was cool. The guy came and did it but I was in and out of the house and not really looking at what was done. The only reason I had the dealer do it at 50 was the suction screen. How much is to much when it comes to metal shavings? Two days later I pull the 2305 out of the shed and their is a huge hydro stain on the floor. So I called them right away and also asked about the suction screen. The sales manager told me the suction screens are never done on the road. What???? This is the main reason I wanted you to do it and it was not done. How pissed was I??? They picked the tractor up in about 10 min and took it back to the shop for service (no charge). Since then I have not had any hydro stains on the floor and have a new pair of gloves. So DO NOT HAVE THE READY TO MOW DO SERVICE ON YOUR CUTS SERVICE. I have found over the last few tractors that if you can do it your self then do it. The service at the dealers have been less then what I would call OK. What's a kicker is the $260.00 charge for the service. I feel for you man!!!

/ Ready to Mow a Joke #7  
Ready to mow is good But you got watch some of those mechanics I guess they think it is a Lawn mower on steroid There is right many moving parts !

/ Ready to Mow a Joke
Well the service tech returned, I had to insist on the suction screen to be cleaned. He wasn't even sure the 2305 had one. I also had to remind him to grease the tractor (which I do anyway) and he didn't know were any the fitting were except on the mower deck. I am waiting on the bill and my gloves. From now own I'll service the 2305 along with my 4500 and Caterpillar 953. I thought I would splurge and let someone else get oily, but I had to stand over him to get any service.