Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #11  
An important point here to me with regard to lift capacity is that a tractor the size of the JD 2520 probably should not be hauling around its own weight anyway. Chris has a lot of experience and he even is cautious moving this kind of weight. I personally have not seen a 2520 lift more than 1100 pounds, and it was not far off the ground. It also made the tractor a little tippy. Regardless of size these tractors are capable of lifting more than is really safe. My 3720 will lift a rock weighing 1800+ pounds about three feet off the ground and hold it there. I also almost lost control of the tractor and tipped trying to position the rock on uneven ground. With my old 4520, I could lift things that would bring the rear of the machine off the ground, and it is much bigger than a 2000 series. It is nice to know you can do it, but really these machines are too light to attempt it often without risk of harm to machine or person. As we have discussed before, JD's loader specs are meant to provide a framework. There will be individual variablity in machines and operators. Also, I for one would like to ask JD to add a third range to the 2520. Kubota has it, why not JD?? It would make this machine more competitive in the market. This is one instance I wish JD would listen more closely to its customers.

John M

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #14  
hodoms said:
I have to ask this one last question does the 62D or the 72 mmm fit the tractor better. I know deere list both as options but is the 72 mmm a little too big. I'm looking for real world advice not on a golf course because what if a go a couple weeks in the spring without cutting the grass, the 2210 with 62c would simply chew through the grass no matter the height (might shoot black smoke then keeps mowing). Will 2520 have ample power running a huge 72 inch deck or should I stick with 62D if I decide to buy.

Hodoms I can only speak on behalf of the 2520 with 62D deck. It works really well and the tractor can handle it with plenty of power. When I first got my machine with 62d my grass was left uncut for over a month. The grass was well over 6" and the day I cut it the grass was wet. The 2520 with 62d made the job easy, cutting wet grass from 6 plus inches down to 2.5 had no issues at all. The 2520 with 62d runs like a champ. You will have no issues at all.

In regards to running in high gear, I don't have my wheels filled with liquid. I run in high with just the 62d and 200cx loader minus the bucket. It works on my end.

As for lifting weight, my tractor since day one, brand new only lifted 725lbs plus 300 lbs for bradco ( some users overlooked the fact that I mentioned 725lbs plus the weight of bradco) which brings the figure to around 1000 lbs give or take 50 lbs. As JCMSEVEN posted 1100 lbs is tops he has seen a 2520 lift and I completely agree. With all the 2520 users on here I am sure more users can tune in and offer the real life lift they have experienced. You would think for all the 2520 users in here alot more would be running to defend the lifting of 1800 lbs, not many users in here of 2520 disagreeing with me when I say 1000 to 1100.
The only users that might disagree are the homers that actually think a 2520 is twice the tractor than a 2320 when in reality they are basically the same machine with a few minor tweaks.

If my tractor had pressure line problems it would not lift anything, so I don't think I have any issues with my pressure lines.

Don't listen to the Jehovah Witness of 2520's this tractor will not lift 1800 lbs, not even close. When it comes to real life lifting you need higher height than 1 or 2 inch's, if the tractor can lift up something 1 inch but can't lift it past 2 or 3 feet, that means the tractor can't handle the weight. It's that simple.

Hodoms the thing is some users here buy a machine and become the biggest HOMERS over the unit. They will pump it to all ends and even fabricate stories to make other users think their machine is so much better.

Read the JD manuals and stats, everything is pretty accurate. The only time I hear wild lifting stories are from 2520 owners, never from 2320 owners which have the same lifting power.

Hodoms the machine is a great unit but please understand it is what it is, don't get carried away and don't act like a HOMER thinking it's the end of all ends when it comes to tractors.

If lifting is a major decision, please visit the local JD dealer and try and lift, you are going to find out very fast what the true lift power is on any machine.

Good luck and try the 62d deck out, I think you will have no issues with it's cutting.

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but
Thanks, I appreciate all the people that contributed to this discussion. I'm thinking I will purchase tommorrow unless I start going back and forth on the between the 2520 and the 3320 again. But I will probably purchase the 2520 because a 3000 pound beast (3320) on 2.5 acres would probably be a extremely funny site but I have been known to overshoot in the past. My neighbors and wife think i'm nuts sometime because of my excessive need for new toys (i mean hardworking machines haha).

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #16  
Give the 3320 another hard look.
The 2520 is absolutely capable, and for most will suit the situation without difficulty, but I've noticed now, after the 2520 has been out and put through it's paces for two years, that a number of guys are looking for a bit more.
I'm looking to step up to a 3320 in March, the reasons: I want more tractor weight for lifting ballast, I want a wider wheel width for stability, I want the third range in the trans, I want to use my 3-pt without the tires bumping the arms, I want a bh with a greater digging capability(depth wise), and I want a bit more fel capability.
Please don't misunderstand me, I believe that the 2520 is a top-notch performer in every respect, but after enjoying mine for 2 years, I find I want a bit more as I've described. Purchasing more than your needs always improves your safety, and the durability of the machine. It will also save you money 2 years from now when you might consider trading up.
Nobody makes fun of the size of my tractor, when I'm plowing their drive for the fun of it, or helping one of my elder neighbors do some chore, they just waive when they drive past my 2 acres!

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #17  
Here's my limited experience so far with the 2520 as relates to your questions:

For the record, I have six acres, finish mow about 2 and rotary cut about 4. The property is VERY hilly, with some slopes over 20 degrees.

I have a 72 inch rear finish mower and a 60 inch light duty rotary cutter. The machine has plenty of power to handle those mowers, but will not do it in high range on the slopes. Low range is fine, and for me, that's all I can use because my property is fairly rough.

As for lifting, the most I've lifted so far is a Model 46 backhoe out of the back of a pickup truck. My understanding is that the hoe weighs around 800 lbs on the pallet and the forks are at least 200 lbs, making a total of around 1000 lbs. My machine could lift that combined weight about 6 inches above the truck bed before reaching the limit, which I estimate was about 4 feet.

The seat feels fine to me, but understand, I'm comparing it to the ride of a lawn tractor on this rough property. Someone used to a bigger tractor with an air suspended seat would probably say it rides like a coal cart.

I have been very happy with this machine and plan to keep it for at least the next 20 years barring some unforseen circumstances. Here's a pic, and best of luck on your purchase.

Attachments

• 100_0025 b.JPG
    100_0025 b.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 304
   / Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #18  
JDCAN said:
Hodoms I can only speak on behalf of the 2520 with 62D deck. It works really well and the tractor can handle it with plenty of power. When I first got my machine with 62d my grass was left uncut for over a month. The grass was well over 6" and the day I cut it the grass was wet. The 2520 with 62d made the job easy, cutting wet grass from 6 plus inches down to 2.5 had no issues at all. The 2520 with 62d runs like a champ. You will have no issues at all.

In regards to running in high gear, I don't have my wheels filled with liquid. I run in high with just the 62d and 200cx loader minus the bucket. It works on my end.

As for lifting weight, my tractor since day one, brand new only lifted 725lbs plus 300 lbs for bradco ( some users overlooked the fact that I mentioned 725lbs plus the weight of bradco) which brings the figure to around 1000 lbs give or take 50 lbs. As JCMSEVEN posted 1100 lbs is tops he has seen a 2520 lift and I completely agree. With all the 2520 users on here I am sure more users can tune in and offer the real life lift they have experienced. You would think for all the 2520 users in here alot more would be running to defend the lifting of 1800 lbs, not many users in here of 2520 disagreeing with me when I say 1000 to 1100.
The only users that might disagree are the homers that actually think a 2520 is twice the tractor than a 2320 when in reality they are basically the same machine with a few minor tweaks.

If my tractor had pressure line problems it would not lift anything, so I don't think I have any issues with my pressure lines.

Don't listen to the Jehovah Witness of 2520's this tractor will not lift 1800 lbs, not even close. When it comes to real life lifting you need higher height than 1 or 2 inch's, if the tractor can lift up something 1 inch but can't lift it past 2 or 3 feet, that means the tractor can't handle the weight. It's that simple.

Hodoms the thing is some users here buy a machine and become the biggest HOMERS over the unit. They will pump it to all ends and even fabricate stories to make other users think their machine is so much better.

Read the JD manuals and stats, everything is pretty accurate. The only time I hear wild lifting stories are from 2520 owners, never from 2320 owners which have the same lifting power.

Hodoms the machine is a great unit but please understand it is what it is, don't get carried away and don't act like a HOMER thinking it's the end of all ends when it comes to tractors.

If lifting is a major decision, please visit the local JD dealer and try and lift, you are going to find out very fast what the true lift power is on any machine.

Good luck and try the 62d deck out, I think you will have no issues with it's cutting.

Well , your not really worth the energy to argue with . you been negative against the machine. since the day you bought it. :rolleyes:
I dont recommend anyone do what i did. no , i dont think its safe.
but i needed to move it. as runner said. 1000 pounds 8 or 9 inches over a truck bed sounds about right. but the info your saying is wrong.
if you are struggleing with 725 right off a trailer. something is wrong.
or eather your a sissy and scared to push it. I bought the machine to use.
and i do what needs doing. folks can make there own judgements.
but when someone says it will struggle with 725. i had to step in. heck a 2305
will do that. you been a trouble maker since you been here. and you ant worth argueing with. i will let folks decide for there self. I know what i have done with it. and i know what you say you done with . and what you done. dont seem to add up. i am done with this conversation..:rolleyes:

Chris...:)

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #19  
I have a 2520 and a 3520,and for all the reason's your not sure are all the reason's to look at the 3000 series tractor,

just my opinion.....
spend the extra money you'll be happier.

/ Ready to pulled the trigger on the 2520 but #20  
Well , I agree with that.
I am thinking of going to a bigger machine myself.
not a 3000 seris. but eather a bota L39 or a JD 110

Chris....:)