Real estate General topic

/ Real estate General topic #1  

paulsharvey

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
So, been two or three recent threads about specific real estate topics; poor quality online pictures, poor descriptions, I started one about aerial layout maps, ect; so I figured I'd just start a generic real estate thread, focused on rural properties.

So, I'll go first; me and wife are doing a viewing tomorrow, 13ish acres, 5/2 double wide, dirt road, about 15 minutes from 2 stop light Town. We saw it, look at it on ad, Google, basemap, and property appraiser, and then do a drive by, just to check the area. It's a Ssstretch financially, but we qualify for the loan. Wife initially said, yeah, we can afford that payment; but with 48 hrs of time to think, she starts second guessing the fiance of it. We talk, and we will do showing; but in my estimation; and talk with her;
property: if it didn't have the house, and was anything above $150k, I wouldn't even look at it
home: if it was anything above $200k I wouldn't even look at it
the package is $420k. We already have the viewing scheduled, and we will go, but wife basically said, if we Love it, tell them the truth, $150 for the land, $200 for the home, that's max of $350k; and not whiling to go above that.

Couple notes; it was late on Thursday, and I decided to enter info in a popular online mortage originator; they actually called at almost 9pm. Next day, holy crap, the random phone calls and text messages, from them, their 'preferred realtor', other competitive company's. It was probably 15 calls, and 20 texts on friday...

I was honest with real estate lady; told her it was at or right above our max; and that it would have to be perfect to put in a real offer, and I didn't want to waste her time. She was OK with that, and set up viewing anyways.

/ Real estate General topic #2  
My opinion would be if it’s at the max you can afford it’s probably too much. I retired a month before I turned 58, my wife was 55. Think long term.

/ Real estate General topic
My opinion would be if it’s at the max you can afford it’s probably too much. I retired a month before I turned 58, my wife was 55. Think long term.
Agree. I hate the whole shopping process for big purchases. It wouldn't be so bad if we could realistically move out of current house for 3 months, fix/clean/stage/sell and then throw that money at a down-payment. We did get pre-approved non-contingent on the sale of current home.

Not sure I 100% like the idea, because if you sign for say $350k and then throw $100-150 at it 6 months later, your monthly doesn't go down unless you refinance; with the associated costs of that. But, current home would be worth a fair bit more with a few grand in repairs, and that's a Pain when you have 5 people in a 1400 sq ft place.

How would yall feel about the a back property having an access easement kinda right down the center of your property? Obviously not ideal, and would affect placement of permanent outbuildings. Would it bother you much, or just work around it?

/ Real estate General topic #5  
How would yall feel about the a back property having an access easement kinda right down the center of your property? Obviously not ideal, and would affect placement of permanent outbuildings. Would it bother you much, or just work around it?
It depends on how big the property is, price, and how the easememt was written. I would want to be able to treat it as 2 separate tracts, and that easement was a public road through my property. If there isn't enough land to completely get away from it, or if the current owners of the back property are ****heads, I would pass on it. Is there any chance of getting it moved to one side of the property? That would require negotiating with that abutter.

/ Real estate General topic #6  
How would yall feel about the a back property having an access easement kinda right down the center of your property?
I have a property with an access easement. It is a constant headache, I wish it was not there. I would never purchase a property with that sort of easement.

/ Real estate General topic #8  
My wife and I looked at a piece of land that had an easement going through it. The price was right which is why I even considered it. We decided to pass on the land. I am now so so glad we didn't buy the land. That easement would have been a constant headache with the traffic going through it. And the easement was only to one other parcel. In the years since we passed on the purchase I have heard nothing but bad about the people living on the 5 acres that the easement serves. Noise mostly, at all times of the day and night. But trash too, littered along the easement.
I also, and this is just my own personal preference, would not consider any type of mobile home. They just aren't built to the same standards as a stick built home.
Eric

It depends on how big the property is, price, and how the easememt was written. I would want to be able to treat it as 2 separate tracts, and that easement was a public road through my property. If there isn't enough land to completely get away from it, or if the current owners of the back property are ****heads, I would pass on it. Is there any chance of getting it moved to one side of the property? That would require negotiating with that abutter.
Looking at it all; it Looks like it was part of a 40 acre piece, and was separated into 4 pieces; a 26, a 10, a 3.25 , and a 0.7; and the property behind is 200 acres of timber.

The 10 and 3.26 are what's for sale, and both cross the 26, and then there is a weird 0.7 piece in the middle, with completely separate ownership. So, the 26, the 3.25, and 0.7 have access across the 10; and the 10, 3.25, and 0.7 have access across the 26. Not 100% sure if the 200 acre timber is part of the easement or not. Annoying part, the one easement is pretty much centered in the 10; maybe for an intended 5/5 split?

Here is a quick dirty, NTS, drawing kd what I mean. I'm looking at parcel D (with home) and E. Parcel C is owned by someone in Philly, so probably will never deal with or see them; but that easement would prevent any structures or anything down the center of D. The easement on side of E isn't such a big deal.
20240422_180821.jpg