rear 3pt blower

/ rear 3pt blower #41  
94BULLITT said:
Who makes a $3k pull type?

For a conventional rear 3 point (drive forwards) for our 1635, Lucknow, MK Martin, are just shy of that. Those are all made here in Ontario a couple of hours from me. Provonost will be the same price. Our current blower was just under $2,500, thats a 50" Farm King.

/ rear 3pt blower #42  
Winter Deere;
Stick with your loader. Next you will be trying to figure out cost of diesel fuel per snow fall. I was frugal like you once... then I realized I didn't have a two hundred year warranty. Now I look at and buy quality. Both my tractorsd have less than three hundred hours and I guarantee they will never reach a thousand... at least on my yard. I am a serious buyer that likes newer toys. You look at the antique style back up snowblowers while I drive forward like it is supposed to be. Maybe you should look at a bidirectional machine... oh wait a minute, your budget wouldn't allow it.
You can thank JD for quality products because buyers like you always need to keep the old style machines running. If I had one I would donate it to a museum.

/ rear 3pt blower #43  
Winter Deere;
Stick with your loader. Next you will be trying to figure out cost of diesel fuel per snow fall. I was frugal like you once... then I realized I didn't have a two hundred year warranty. Now I look at and buy quality. Both my tractorsd have less than three hundred hours and I guarantee they will never reach a thousand... at least on my yard. I am a serious buyer that likes newer toys. You look at the antique style back up snowblowers while I drive forward like it is supposed to be. Maybe you should look at a bidirectional machine... oh wait a minute, your budget wouldn't allow it.
You can thank JD for quality products because buyers like you always need to keep the old style machines running. If I had one I would donate it to a museum.

/ rear 3pt blower #44  
Winter Deere;

I'm not sure if that was anything but a chance for you to brag about what you own, as it did not contain any useful information otherwise.

I spent $2700 on a brand new Woods SB72S snowblower, which I'm sure I'll use more than once per year (because I have it), but we typically only get one storm per year where it's really necessary. I don't see buying any new snowblower for a once-per-year need as being frugal, but I suppose we all have our own biases. As to the tractor, it's used for hauling firewood around, and now pushing the snowblower, not much more. My total investment is around $12k with the blower... again not my definition of frugal for a pencil pusher who uses the thing only a few hours each weekend for house chores.

I don't see the need to foolishly spend unnecessary money, just so I can brag about what I bought on an anonymous tractor forum, but we each have our own wants and motives. I won't attack you for yours, as irrational as they are, if you don't attack me for mine.

/ rear 3pt blower #45  
What is " irrational " about good equipment ? My opinion is related to modern useful scientifically tested well engineered tools used to make life a pleasure. I don't take anything personal because everyone has a choice and opinion. No one has to reinvent the wheel. The only time I want to look backwards is changing lanes in traffic and reviewing past mistakes. Each day opens a new experience and this is what I look FORWARD to.

/ rear 3pt blower #46  
check my 2006 jeep tj no pride in the workmanship disgaceful

/ rear 3pt blower #47  
I own a 68" meteor pull type blower and have had it for 6 years. I live on a 1 mile private road and do 7 of my neighbors driveways and never look back. this blower with hydrolic chute rotation with a heated cab is perfect for the amount of work I do. havent had any major repairs. it is on the rear of an l2800.

/ rear 3pt blower #48  
I own a 68" meteor pull type blower and have had it for 6 years. I live on a 1 mile private road and do 7 of my neighbors driveways and never look back. this blower with hydrolic chute rotation with a heated cab is perfect for the amount of work I do. havent had any major repairs. it is on the rear of an l2800.

Excellent choice!! Those blowers are popular, and contrary to myth, getting stuck is harder than most think.

/ rear 3pt blower #49  
You may wwant a look at the Lorenz snow blowers. really nice if gravel or icey conditions are an issue. Priced well for what you get.

/ rear 3pt blower #50  
You may wwant a look at the Lorenz snow blowers. really nice if gravel or icey conditions are an issue. Priced well for what you get.

I hope to get a blower next year and the Lorenz caught my eye. What makes it nice for gravel or ice? I noticed that it has an unusual auger. Is it effective for powdery snow?

Bob