3-Point Hitch Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #1  

hoguester

Tractor
MF GC1705
20191113_095022.jpg

I recently bought a used rear blade for moving snow. The blade has two holes for attaching the top link. I'm just curious as to which I should use? Pros and cons of each? Is the top one for Cat 2 and the bottom for Cat 1? Are they for different types of quick attach mounts? Thanks.

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #2  
I assume it's what you thought... Cat1 and Cat2. One is larger, right?

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #3  
On modern implements, there is usually a hole at 18 inches to match standard 3 point top link height dimensions. The lower hole at 15 inches is to meet quick hitch specifications.

Don't ask me why they are different. :)

Bruce

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #4  
View attachment 628487

I recently bought a used rear blade for moving snow. The blade has two holes for attaching the top link. I'm just curious as to which I should use? Pros and cons of each? Is the top one for Cat 2 and the bottom for Cat 1? Are they for different types of quick attach mounts? Thanks.
That's common on cat 1 implements. The lower hole is 15" center to center from the bottom pins which is what is used as the standard for Quick Hitches. I believe the other is 18" on center.

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #5  
The top link should be pinned parallel to the lower links. This lifts the tool level with whatever pitch you are using it at.

Most tractors also have multiple pin holes. These add more adjustment toward the level I was talking about. They also change sensitivity of top link draft control if your tractor is so equipped.

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link
Thanks all. Appreciate the knowledge!

/ Rear blade implement with 2 holes for Top Link #7  
If you put the top link in the top hole, the implement is tending to lift higher at the rear when three point hitch is lifted up.