Rear Blade REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands

/ REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands #21  
I contacted midwest by phone (the number is on the website) and was told there were no dealers in my area (syracuse ny) and the closest dealer is in ohio. He said he would sell to me direct and is working up a price right now for the rb22-60.

/ REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You could try contacting Midwest directly. There website is: Midwest Equipment

I tried emailing them a few weeks ago and my email bounced. )</font>

Yeah, I have a message in to the sales manager, but haven't heard back.

/ REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands #23  
<font color="blue"> So What's better for smooting out dirt roads, a boxblade or read blade? I've read posts over the years and probably am no closer. Back when I owned a new Kubota BX1500 then a new B7610, I didn't really care for the Woods read blade I had. I liked the landscape rake better for smoothing out my 300' dirt driveway. I've upgraded to a 50hp. Kubota and figure the big jump in hp. and weight would make a considerable change in performance for a rear blade. I have an offer to help maintain dirt roads and wonder what would get more done faster. Any thoughts???

Howard </font>

Howard, I would not use either a Rear Blade, a Box Blade or a Landscape Rake. My choice would be a GradeMaster blade.

There are at least 2 or 3 different companies that make a road grader blade similar to GradeMaster. Basically it is a hybrid blade, that has sides like a box blade, but they typically have two angled blades that are about 4" to 6" tall and they are specifically designed to re-grade gravel drives and roads.

Grademaster U5 blade

/ REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands #24  
So long as you're offering free advice Bob.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have a couple acres of horse paddocks I want to smooth off in the winter. My original thought was to make do with a fairly heavy duty 6' rear blade, as they are cheaper, and the rear blade we are currently using to move snow has seen much better days, so I could kill two birds with one stone.

However, I'm wondering if I'd be better off just getting a decent box blade instead for smoothing chopped up and frozen paddocks. I also have some ruts in my yard to smooth fill, and gravel to spread on the driveway. And I'm thinking the box blade might be handy for releveling the arena for when the harrow isn't cutting it anymore...

Opinions?

/ REAR BLADE :: PHOTO comparison of brands #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the Midwest blade and from my research, for a small tractor they make the best blade with the most adjustments for the money.

Take a good look at the photo of the Midwest blade. You can keep your gloves on and still make the adjustments to the angle, tilt or offset out in the field without any tools, and without much fear of losing any small parts because they use heavy pins with big grab openings. I had a light duty Speeco blade (they no longer make blades) and am very happy that I have the Midwest unit now. The offset was something I was not sure I would use, but it is a very very useful feature and I'm glad I have it.

For my money, Midwest makes the best rear blade, the best box blade, and the best landscape rake. (at least for small to medium size CUTs that don't use hydraulic blade adjustments).

Bob, what tractor do you have? I am thinking of going with a RB22 series 72" instead of a 60" for my jd 2305. I figure with the offset feature, it may work well?? Also, what state are you in and where did you purchase Midwest from?

)</font>