Rear Blade Rear Blade quality

/ Rear Blade quality
350.gif
a_800.gif

gb1.JPG

A couple other high quality medium/heavy duty rear blades within your $650 price range {or less!}… Servis-Rhino and Monroe Tufline…

Monroe Tufline Rear Blade Specs
Rhino Rear Blade Specs

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Rear Blade quality #12  
$675 is a little high for the TufLine TB1-72. $500 should be about right. I think you will be well satisfied with the TufLine product.

/ Rear Blade quality #13  
jbarry,

I hope you haven't been hit with info overload. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The TBN brain trust will always come through.....

To answer your question about working the soil, I used the FEL w/toothbar to loosen up the dry, hard soil, break up some roots, and score the soil. I then used the rear blade to pull and level the area out. I'm a newbie to all of this and still learning.

Another thing that I forgot to mention, was that I used the rear blade to "dress up" my garden area. The edges of the garden have been building up over the years and need cut back in. So I just put a 15 degree angle to cut the soil back into the garden and it worked like a charm.

Next project is to attach the skid shoes I acquired from John Miller to protect any driveway or road that I plow this winter. Probably trade some quality world discussions and malted beverages for some welding work by my neighbor this weekend. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Hmmm, have you thought about skid shoes for your blade?

Terry

/ Rear Blade quality #14  
Few more thoughts. I have a 27 hp bota and got the 7ft woods RB84 which offsets, angles and tilts. Conventional wisdom will tell you 7ft is too big for my size tractor but if you use you're head a little you won't have a problem. I bought it for snow which is light duty work and it works fine for that. Have also moved a lot of dirt without a problem. Skid shoes are a must. When plowing snow I keep the shoes adjustment a little high so I can plow right onto my lawn or gravel parts without scraping everything up. If you get a 6ft for a 3010 I think you're going too small. (When you angle it all the way you'll barely cover you're tire tracks.) Think I paid around $600 with the skid shoes.

/ Rear Blade quality #15  
Hi Jbarry,

You've already heard a lot of good info so I'll just comment on the Tufline blade. I'm picking up a Tufline GB1-72 (403 lbs.) blade with skid shoes next week. I'm paying $635 before tax. List price on the blade is $623 and list for the shoes is $108. I'd say the $575 price you were quoted is pretty good.

Good Luck- Dave

/ Rear Blade quality #16  
I have a LandPride 1584 that works well for snow & crowning. It angles vertically & horizontally which is something that I would not do without. I have a boxblade that I use for moving any significant amounts of dirt. I guess it to be light to medium duty - it is probably similar to a medium duty KingKutter. There has been a long angle iron bar welded to the back of the blade for added strength & I add weights now & then. I bought this used for $150 as is... I will probably make use of it for years, but if I were shopping for one, I would want a heavier model - at least like a LP 2584 (though LP seems pricey to me) or a heavy duty KingKutter(I know that Mr Miller likes the KK stuff & I agree that theirs appears to offer alot of value). As already mentioned, a solid "A" hitch frame is desirable the heavier, the better (as budget allows).

/ Rear Blade quality #17  
I purchased the Tufline GB1-72 a month or so ago and paid $600 even. This is in NH where prices seem to be higher than a lot of other locations on TBN. Love the blade.
I have a couple of pictures in this thread:
Previous Tufline message

Rich S.
18-42090-rps_sig1.gif

/ Rear Blade quality #18  
Hi Rich,

Yes, I remember the thread and our discussions. I think jbarry will find that thread useful too if he hasn't already rushed out and bought something. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif BTW, I think the "list" prices I quoted are accurate. My tractor dealer quoted me the $623 price which is the same price the Tufline distributor for NY quoted. But then, the distributor dropped the price enough that I felt I was getting a fair deal... something my dealer has yet to learn. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I think you did OK too at $600. Can't expect them to drop their prices a lot on something that only lists for $623.

Dave

/ Rear Blade quality #19  
<font color=blue>"Can't expect them to drop their prices a lot on something that only lists for $623."</font color=blue>
This is true and I feel everyone needs to make a living. As long as they aren't making their weekly paycheck all on me!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Let me know how the blade and skid shoes work out. The dealer didn't have any skid shoes nor any pictures, so that I could see how they were built. Stated he could get them within a week if I wanted.
Figured I would wait for the first snow storm and see how I do without them.

Rich S.
18-42090-rps_sig1.gif

/ Rear Blade quality #20  
Richs,

I would highly suggest getting the skid shoes. Especially if you have a paved driveway. Once you set the depth of the blade with your rocker shaft, the blade is "fixed" for a certain depth. If the front tires hit something hard, the blade will be driven into the driveway - scraps and gouges. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

So think it over and reconsider.

Terry