Rear Blade Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like?

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #1  

woodstock

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
The Farm King 6 Foot rear blade I use doesn't have shoes or provisions for shoes. Can someone post a picture of there shoes so I can make some.

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

<font color=red>Winnipeg, Manitoba</font color=red>
canadagoose.gif

2001 BX2200 (50 hrs)

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #2  
I can't post any pictures of them, since I don't have them anymore. But I can tell you what they looked like. The ones for my Series 35 LandPride blade were shaped like an upside-down mushroom cap about 8" in diameter welded to a 1/2" thick by 1 1/2" wide by 12" long bar (dimensions approximate). There was a bracket on the blade that the bar slid into. The bracket had a setscrew in it which held the shoe wherever you want it. I think a flat plate angled up in front would work at least as well as the much-harder-to-make mushroom shape, though.

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #3  
Here's are some drawings of shoe kits available for some of the WORKSAVER brand of rear blades. I have an EB-6.

sk4.gif

sk-6.gif

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like?
Have you tried that site lately? its not loading.

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

<font color=red>Winnipeg, Manitoba</font color=red>
canadagoose.gif

2001 BX2200 (50 hrs)

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #5  
Woodstock - As you look at the informative drawings posted by DFB, I'll try to give you the benefit of my experience with them: The ones I had were shaped like the bottom one. They worked pretty well on really hard surfaces, but then you don't usuallly need them very much on that kind of surface, do you? The top ones in DFB's drawing appear to be a lot more useful, especially if you were to make a foot like the top drawing and mount it on the blade like the ones in the bottom drawing. Of course, these "words of wisdom" (that's meant as a joke) are coming from someone that has never owned anything that didn't get re-engineered sooner or later, for better or for worse. So, take it with a grain of salt or better yet, a dram of your favorite beverage.

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #6  
??? Link works OK for me. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Here's another different design for ya.

xhb-sksh.gif

Me, I don't have any skid shoes for my tractor blade. Don't use the ones for my truck blades when on the blacktop either. Off the pavement I set the tractor blade slightly higher using position control or use the backside of the blade (this works real good when on the lawn areas).

I use them with my truck mounted plow blades on my gravel drive to keep that blade just above the surface. Especially important early on in the season before the driveway surface is froze up good or later on during that late spring melt down when things are beginning to get soft.

Had snow showers here today. Some places got up to 2''

Good luck

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #7  
DFB,
If I'm reading the WorkSaver parts list on their web site correctly, your EB-6 would have the type of shoes in the top drawing. If that's correct, then here's my question. It would seem that this type of shoe would work fine as long as the blade was being pulled straight ahead, but if you angle the blade, the shoe would also get angled. It would appear that the "angle of attack" of the shoe would no longer be with the rounded front edge, but with the corner of the front of the shoe and would tend to dig into the surface. I don't know if I've explained my thought clearly enough, but if you can visualize what I'm trying to say, have you ever experienced that type of problem?

Hoss

jdtsc.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #8  
I have the top ones that DFB posted. Picked them up at farm and fleet a few years ago. So far so good/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #9  
The top ones look as they'd work on any blade, plus you don't need to weld anything, just drill 2 holes. Oops, looks like the holes would have to be square. How do you drill square holes?

tractor.gif

/ Rear Blade Shoes, What do they look like? #10  
<font color=blue>...How do you drill square holes?...</font color=blue>

Geessshhh Mike... everybody knows that one...of course use a square bit... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG