Rear end popping

/ Rear end popping #1  

deubanks

Tractor
Case jx75
I have a Case jx75 and noticed the other day the rear end was popping when turning. Any ideas what would be going on. Oil levels or ok. Thanks

/ Rear end popping #2  
All bolts on the wheel is tight?

/ Rear end popping #4  
G'day is it possible the diff lock is partially engaged?

Jon

/ Rear end popping
Redland are you talking about torqueing the wheel bolts? I will check all ideas when I make it home. Thanks for your input.

/ Rear end popping #6  
Check all the bolts and nuts on the wheels, including inner and outer rim areas. I had the same noise once and it was caused by an under torqued adjustable rim bolt.

/ Rear end popping #7  
Yes. All bolts and nuts on rim and wheels. They often times need to be torqued way more than one might expect. Check your specs for your equipment. They also need to be rechecked every once in a while

/ Rear end popping #8  
Not trying to scare you but my old '52 For 8N was starting to make the popping noise. I found out what it was when the hydraulic pump destroyed it's self. The popping could be felt through the floor boards and got louder and louder to thumping. The 8N has the hydraulic pump in the bottom of the transmission sump. I had changed the pto shaft/stub out because it was leaking fairly bad at the back. I didn't quite get the shaft seated where it needed to be. That was lots of fun finding another 8N hydro pump and rebuilding it to put in. :mad: I hate those self inflicted wounds. :ashamed:

/ Rear end popping
Well I've tightened all bolts and everything thing is tight and the diff shaft looks like it is pulled out all the way. The popping is still there. Now what?

/ Rear end popping #10  
Jack up the rear of the tractor and see if the wheels are free to spin separately to be sure the diff lock is not still locked in! When turning are the rear wheels digging in more then before?