Rear Hydraulics project of my very own.

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #1  

Dieselrider

Bronze Member
Tractor
1979 John Deer 2640, Kubota L3800
I had asked a bunch of questions on here regarding adding rear hydraulic couplers to our L3800 and found some real good advice on this board. Thank you all who offered up their input.

I had looked real hard at using the right side where Kubota has provided a slot for the spool valve arm and just couldn't find a convenient way to add them there without running the PB fitting and hose out through the fender and I just couldn't bring myself to do that. The PB port was right up against the fender and the handle would still not go up into the slot provided.
20150407_111842.jpg

So, I took a l;ook at the other side and decided to give that a try.
20150407_111836.jpg

20150407_200340.jpg

I was able to mount the spool valve by drilling two holes in one fender bracket and mounted it vertically rather than horizontal. I was able to run the hoses under the seat and above the rear housing. Just added some length to the hose from the PB hose from the Loader spool valve to the input of the new spool valve. Then ran from the PB fitting on the new valve back to the fitting that goes to the backhoe. The return from the new valve runs across and down to the return line of the tank. I do not like the way it sticks out so, I will build something to cover that soon.
20150408_180308.jpg

Then I brought the lines to the quick couplers back on the left side and attached to the ROPS like so.
20150408_153142.jpg

20150408_153149.jpg

I did pick up a Pioneer double release clamp because I like the way these work to protect the tractor, hydraulic lines and the equipment being used. They allow the hydraulic lines to disconnect if the equipment ever becomes disconnected from the tractor.
I decided not to drill holes in the ROPS to attach the quick couplers and needed a u-bolt to accomplish this. I didn't have one so, I made one out of 3/8 stock. It will need painted before it rusts.
20150408_153805.jpg
I know this isn't as neat as some other setups but, it should be very usable as is and still allows me room to add another set of quick couplers if needed later.

20150408_153100.jpg

20150408_152949.jpg

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #2  
Nice job :thumbsup:

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #3  
I think you did a great job. I like it.:thumbsup:

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #4  
Looks good to me, too. If you'd like some detailed pics of my floorboard extension to protect the return line, just let me know. The 3800 may be different in that respect, it seems to me the loader brackets are different.

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #5  
What size backhoe do you have?

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #7  
Thanks, The subframe looks a lot like my woods. Do you have to remove your hitch when the hoe is on?

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own.
Thanks, The subframe looks a lot like my woods. Do you have to remove your hitch when the hoe is on?

Yes I do. The hoe will not go on while the hitch is on.

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own.
Just didn't like the way that T stuck out there on the return line so, I made a cover out of angle iron to help hide it. Won't be much protection if I roll it down a mountain but it should help protect it some.
20150408_180258.jpg

20150413_082709.jpg

/ Rear Hydraulics project of my very own. #10  
Nice guard. Too bad you can't change the orientation of the T that the top runs fore/aft rather than sideways and it was the stem of the T that connected to the block. Should save a couple inches of width but looks like you would need a different orientation of the threads on the T to do that.