rear hydraulics

/ rear hydraulics #1  

gaberelli

Bronze Member
Has anyone run hoses from the rear hydro to a loader implement? I have a skid steer style hydraulic angle plow on the loader and am in the process of getting all the correct couplers and hoses. The plan is to leave the hoses attached to the tractor and tucked up in the frame with a coupler mounted near the front to attach the plow lines to. Any concerns/advice from someone who has done something similar? My Bobcat CT225 does not have a front hydraulics option. I see all the connections in the hydraulic system, but wasn't knowledgeable enough to tap into them directly, so using the rears is my best bet.

/ rear hydraulics #2  
Has anyone run hoses from the rear hydro to a loader implement? I have a skid steer style hydraulic angle plow on the loader and am in the process of getting all the correct couplers and hoses. The plan is to leave the hoses attached to the tractor and tucked up in the frame with a coupler mounted near the front to attach the plow lines to. Any concerns/advice from someone who has done something similar? My Bobcat CT225 does not have a front hydraulics option. I see all the connections in the hydraulic system, but wasn't knowledgeable enough to tap into them directly, so using the rears is my best bet.

I've seen many larger farm tractors in my area that run their loaders and other front implements off of the rear remotes. Do make sure you have the lines tucked up and secured.

/ rear hydraulics #3  
That is what I had done on my B7800. One on the rear remotes is connected to hoses that go forward to the loader bucket for my hydraulic PHD. I may use the remote for tilt or something when I don't need the PHD.

Works fine but as stated, watch for rubbing and snagging issues.

/ rear hydraulics #4  
That is the way I set up my TC35D for the grapple and snow plow. I also encased the lines in that protective sleeve material my NH dealer had. Works great. Have just ordered the 2nd remote kit. With that installed I'll be able to angle the plow blade and rotate the snowblower chute without switching lines back and forth. The more I learn, the more I spend, but having a ball.

/ rear hydraulics #5  
If you have a detachable loader, you will want to have disconnects near it so you don't have to remove the hoses from the rear.

/ rear hydraulics
thanks for the replies. I am going to have the hoses made this week.

/ rear hydraulics #7  
Exactly what male tip coupler do I need to connect up to the rear hydraulic coupler on my Bobcat CT225? I got a 68 inch Martin Meteor snowblower yesterday and the hydraulic rotator has hoses with no connector tips. Thanks in advance.

/ rear hydraulics #8  
Like other posters, I've got hoses running from my rear remote, under the tractor and up the FEL arms. Couplers near the FEL quick attach plate allow easy switching between, plow, grapple, bucket, forks... you can see the couplings where the under tractor hoses connect to the implement hoses in this photo- they are attached to the cross brace on the FEL.

DSC_0037_2.jpg

The hoses on the implement have to be long enough to allow full movement- for my grapple I've had to bungee cord the hose to the FEL frame to keep them from dragging when it is in the horizontal position. All the hose is needed when it is tipped all the way down.

Like others have said, watch to make sure the lines don't droop down and get snagged on brush. I've got mine zip tied and bungee-corded in several locations to keep'em snug, but when working in the woods I've had them get snagged a few times. Otherwise it has worked like a charm.

I've had to be very careful to keep the cable running from the rear-remote to to the lever by the seat dry so it won't freeze. Before my barn was finished I had problems with water getting in the cable housing and making it impossible to actuate the rear remote. Not really a problem directly related to the hose you are talking about, but it sure caused me some frustration and made my plowing and grappling impossible until I could take it all apart and dry it out.